I got sent a series of nasty messages form an ex?

He was saying I didn't know how to be single and I was always having victim's and saying I'd sleep with the first guy I'd see. Which is not true by the way. In 3 years I've slept with 4 guys all who I've been in relationships with. And he was saying that I hurt people and play with them and try and fit them in some sort of jigsaw and I just don't know how to react Becuase we were friends and that really hurt and it's made me evaluate things and if someone could give some advice on how to respond that would be really helpful. Thanks x

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You can’t be friends with an ex. It prevents one from moving on and causes problems with future relationships

0|0
    0|0
  • Give him some time. Men lose their minds after a breakup, like serious bonkers. After a while he will sober up and see what he has done and he may apologize in an attempt to maintain the friendship or he may not apologize because he feels that he has already ruined the friendship. I was in a breakup recently. I didn't say anything that mean to my ex but I changed so much for the worst that I had to seek therapy. Just be patient with him and the phase will pass, because he really doesn't mean any of that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Well the top priority is to block this miscreant from accusing you of any more misdeeds.

If he continues to be abusive. Report him to the local authorities.

Plus he is an ex for a reason. & Judging by your example I am not surprised.

Stay safe.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is why you don't talk to your exes in the first place

0|1
    0|0
    • Most of my ex's are decent and are still in my friend group that is one that wasn't. Not all ex's are bad

• Show All
    • I'd never break up with someone because of things going on around me. I'd want them the most when going through a hard time, not break things off with them.

• I'm not like that I don't talk or open up to people about stuff that really matters for personal reasons so I wanted to deal with it on my own

• He hasn't moved on from you while you seem to have moved on from him, it must be really maddening to him, so you should take it a bit lightly since he might be moved by frustration more than anything else

0|0
    0|0
  • A "fuck you" and block him is all he deserves. You will never reason with this guy. He seems consumed with bitterness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck off. That's always a good one. You don't have to defend yourself to bullshit he makes up in his head.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should avoid contact with your ex for at least a month after a break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • 17 year old. Fucks 4 guys. Need I comment

0|0
    0|1
  • and you should care, why?

0|0
    0|0
  • What did you do to him? He's hurt/hurting. I'm struggling with this myself currently. Really hurt and angry at an ex and I'd love to send and do nasty things, but I'm really trying not to. She deserves it though, you may not? lol

If it were me, I'd do one response and one only (if it continues after, ignore them completely). I'd simply write back and say "I'm so sorry I hurt you." That's it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes