Am I being selfish by not giving him what he wants?

My boyfriend is mad at me because I don't want to do oral sex with him I've never really been okay with giving oral Im just not comfortable with it or into it but he's mad at me because he thinks I'm being selfish cause he does it to me... And I want to make him happy and I want to be fair in this relationship

48

Most Helpful Guy

• tbh if you aren't comfortable with doing something but he is being mad at you for it, then he is the one being selfish as he is trying to play emotional leverage against you..

do not feel like you have to do something which you aren't ok with regardless your boyfriend needs to grow up and stop being a selfish over privileged git (sorry if came across harsh but it isn't fair on you and will result in you resenting him if you are made to do something you dont want to do)

• You have it wrong. She can not dictate how he reacts to a given situation just like he can't dictate how she reacts to the idea of having oral sex. Both individuals have a right to an opinion and blaming any one person is a mistake and wrong. It falls on the both of them to decide what to do with this new information and how much of a problem it will become.

• @Gus0692 clearly you misunderstood my point of view... I am clearly speaking from a perspective which is obvious

I clearly stated to you and put to you a scenario which you refused to place yourself in that situation, so I am not taking the side of the OP but rather stating from the information that they have given points to their boyfriend as being selfish for getting mad over something that they clearly knew in advance...
      he is wrong to get mad over which he would have already have known... if he didn't know before hand then yes that raises the point where your argument becomes valid... however my suggestion to place yourself in that position is a reasonable one...
      and while i agree with the situation is for them, the OP asked a question expecting opinions and points of views from all who who would post.. I merely answered a logical and realistic point of view...
      and I never said their was laws being broken but merely emotional blackmail/manipulation
      if he is making her feel..

• guilty for something she is uncomfortable doing then that is emotional blackmail, plain and simple... if he is trying to get something which he knows she is not comfortable with then again emotional manipulation however if she hadn't told him before hand, but instead promised him then i can understand the annoyance but seeing this from a realistic point of view and analysing information is what i do... I point out based on the information available... when someone asks for advice, i assess the info available then provide an outside view on the situation sometimes it might appear to be taking sides other times it might appear not to...
      but I do agree if they cannot come to some agreement it will place strain but that doesn't mean he is any more or less guilty of manipulation based on the info provided...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you are being selfish. I'd think about how you'd feel if he didn't want to do it to you? Now evaluate why you aren't comfortable with it. Address that issue. If you are insecure, get him to help teach you. If you think it's gross, get over it. It's not gross and again, how would you feel if he thought you were gross?

• I told him he doesn't have to but he said he wants to and yea I'm kinda insecure about cause what if I'm not good enough and he just leaves

• Well not doing it at all is the more reasonable reason to fear him leaving. Just let him teach you. It's better that way so you learn him and it tells him you are wanting to please him too. It will grow you closer.