Would you still introduce your gf/bf to your WHOLE family if you weren't serious about her/him?

If you werent serious about her/him?
If you dont see them as long term?

Whole family as in parents, aunties, uncles, grandparents, cousins...
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No. If it's not serious, then it's not serious for the family to meet her. The love that I'm serious with is who I'd prefer to introduce to my family. No one else.

1|0
    0|0
  • The general relationship rule is you don't introduce someone you're dating to parents, let alone the entire family unless it is 'the one'. The reason is the family won't understand you bringing a rando to a gathering. They think you're serious about the person you bring.

This is just relationship etiquette.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I would not. Although I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone who I wasn't serious about, anyway.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Simple
    When you understand that. Then u do it... meanwhile lose ur time in either understanding it or trying to understand by trial

0|0
    0|0
  • if it wasn't serious, she wouldn't be my girlfriend in the first place. It's stupid to have a relationship when you expect it to not last

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

I've had girls that I was dating and that I liked and I didn't yet know where we were headed that I had over at Holiday events... like Thanksgiving and such. It is pretty common on my family.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yeah sure, because she is my girlfriend, a relation just like friends, sister or brother.
    If you have a girlfriend that doesn't mean she will be your wife. So I don't think is there any problem to introduce your girlfriend to the family.

0|0
    0|0
  • My recent ex-GF did that to me. We went "home" to another state and I met her entire family and stayed at her parents house for a week and 8 months later she dumped me and kicked me out.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, lmao I wouldn't even introduce them to my parents.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol why not

• What would be the point of introducing someone you aren't serious about? That just seems like a waste of time and effort for both parties. Plus my parents don't necessarily need to know anything about my dating life

• It honestly depends on how close we are together. I would most likely do want her to meet my family if our relationship was serious

0|0
    0|0
  • No, even if I was very serious about them, I'd still give it some time

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• no... but then again, I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone I didn't see long term potential in.

0|0
    0|0
  • No ...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes