What would you do if your partner was socially awkward?

Hello,

Last night my boyfriend and I got into a fight because he said I embarrass him in front of his friends. I'm too quiet, too shy and too awkward. He said his friends are always asking him whats wrong with me or if there's something wrong with us? He on the other hand is very outgoing and social so this is a real issue for him. This is also not the first time a boyfriend has told me I embarrass him socially. What he said about me is true. I'm introverted, quiet and abnormally uncomfortable in social situations around people I don't know. I have a very difficult time meeting and making friends. All of my relationships have ended within a year and I think this one is about to as well. It's depressing. This is not something I can just fix right away or over night and I've tried my whole life to be more socially outgoing. People just pick up on my 'nervousness' and I make them uncomfortable at the very least.

Please don't try to sugar coat this and give me some bs about how I just need to find someone who appreciates me. I think this is something I will have to improve before I'm able to have a happy and fulfilling relationship. Our relationship right now is not good. He never invites me out with him anymore or has his friends over (we live together) He's no longer affectionate at all and when I do see him when he's home he's just glued to the tv. It's like I don't even exist. He's obviously checked out of this relationship but dragging his feet on ending it. Probably because of the complications involved with living together. So I think I'm going to end it myself and then try to work on myself and get over this extreme social awkwardness. I'll just focus all my attention on trying to make friends and then go from there?
6
0