How do you vent out your frustrations in a relationship?

How do you communicate with your partner? How do you vent out your frustrations in a relationship?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Hold her/cuddle with her, tell her I love her and that I am happy we're together, then tell her what I didn't like in a calm tone of voice, suggesting a better way to do whatever it was or handle whatever it was. I think it's good to do something like this rather than putting her on the defensive by being critical and/or accusatory.

2|1
    0|0
    • What a great way to address things in a relationship— discussing while still showing your partner they are valued.

• Thanks, and thanks for the MHO

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• Honestly, my girlfriend and I are pretty straightforward with it with a balanced amount of loud tones and calm voices depending on what's frustrating us. Under no circumstances do we yell or get physically violent because not only is it uncomfortable to experience but it's a bad habit to adapt to whenever venting occurs. After the venting is over with, I'd provide her with a hug and a kiss on the forehead to calm and soothe her mind to remind her that everything will be ok! It's perfectly normal to have frustrations about things in life and wanting to talk about them; it's a matter of how you handle them in a mature manner without emotionally damaging someone or breaking/destroying things in the process!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not the type to vent to my wife and she's not the type to do that to me. We sometimes humorously ramble a bit while laughing. The worst from me is generally not coming from such an angry place towards her -- maybe irritated at best, and likewise her to me. So we kind of talk it about, calmly, humorously, affectionately, laugh a bit, cuddle a bit, figure out each other's point of view on that subject, and work something out that makes us both happy.

2|0
    0|0
  • Throwdown in the MMA arena!
    Then, make up in various ways afterwards.

1|0
    0|0
    • So wrestle it out? I like that idea ☺️but how do you come to a solution about things?

• Talk, then if there is conflict, discuss views on that topic more in depth. Then, discuss reasoning on those views from both moral and logical standpoints, discuss why one may be more prevalent than the other. Then if it comes down to one of us liking or not liking it that much based on simple preference, either one person sucks it up, or you find an ALT for the day. I think in long term it is required to go to and do a few things you dont care for on both sides though, and it can help you branch out and find new fun things anyways.

• I depends on my partner.
    If she's someone who will calmly communicate and compromise then it's awesome and we can talk about things and help each other to get through anything.
    If she is stubborn like my ex we would just argue, ignore each other for a while and then bottle everything up inside never really solving anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuddle up in ball on my bed listening to the music alone. I don't need anyone's help.

1|0
    0|0
  • Always be calm about it, usually just hold it in and determine is it worth venting about or should I just let it go. Sometimes its something that needs to be discussed, sometimes it's petty stuff that doesn't need to be worried with. If something is really bothering us we talk about it

1|0
    0|0
  • Well as women know
    Men can read minds. So just be moody all day and when we ask what's wrong say nothing or you know!

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha! I see where you’re going with that.
      I’d rather not be moody all day though. And I talk too much to say nothing. So what’s the productive solution?

• Just say it. Too many people worry about reactions. Just do it! I'd appreciate the honesty

• I once did until I found out that my wife tells her mom everything. I like to keep it within our relationship but she has since broken that, now I just keep to myself which has led us to marriage counseling.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would make sure the kids aren't around and we would have a 'discussion' out of earshot of anyone.

1|0
    0|0
  • We was always very good at listening my wife told me I was always calm in everything you have to listen to each other relationship will work if you really care for each other and take time to listen

1|0
    0|0
  • It very. Some topic I can discuss with my girlfriend. Or things need male advice or ear.

Conversations
    Books
    Sports/fitness
    Hobbies

Last. Depending on argument. Vent my frustrations on her through sex! Same goes other way around.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually write in a forum. Don't take out on anyone else. You need to vent out your emotions and feelings somewhere without hurting anyone. So yeah... that's me.

0|0
    0|0
  • By sitting down and talking calmly about it. By having a discussion.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lock yourself in a sewage and have him rescue you. You"ll appreciate each other more 😂😂 after you the shit smell off you 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • by talking rationally and calmly afterwards when we're not exploding or butting heads

1|1
    0|0
  • Usually I don't. But in a partner relationship I think it ought to be different.

1|0
    0|0
  • My SO shouts all of the time, I play video games and murder MANY digital assholes!

0|0
    0|0
  • Unconventionally. I'm Master Dom. Only ask if you really want to know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make up sex lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Straightforwardly

1|0
    0|0
  • Excercise with in my home gym

1|0
    0|0
  • l would never do that l walk away

0|0
    0|0
  • By talking to each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Openly talk about your frustrations then have some passionate make up sex!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I flip out and I think he listens?
    Usually he compliments me and I shut up or wear myself out.
    That sounded horrible...
    He's a good guy ❤️ lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I like venting, I always vent and literally want my guy to half listen half not, then 5-15 mins later I'll be fine. But you sound like argument kinda venting which I'd want his full attention and have a chat about it. If I'm angry I would give him the silent treatment for a few days since I don't like talking in anger, things are often said that you don't mean, or things are said on purpose just to hurt the other, and I don't want to be that person.

0|0
    0|0
  • The best is to talk about it and stay calm. To find solutions together. I know it can be hard but it's the best solution

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really call it venting, since it's never really heated, but we talk about our feelings.

0|1
    0|0
  • I put a post it note on a pregnancy test that say "we need to talk". It is a perfect ice breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Always talk things through if something makes one of us too mad to talk at the moment let us cool off and then talk later

0|0
    0|0
  • You talk it out. Guys are so hard to talk to that's I've been strictly dating girls for the past year

0|0
    0|0
  • Fight it out and hopefully kiss and make up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yell
    Scream
    Hit things
    Scream

0|0
    0|0
  • Communicate Is the key

0|0
    0|0
  • I just start yelling jk