After what amount of time you have been with your partner do you think its appropriate to buy their family Christmas presents?

I've been dating my boyfriend for 4 months, we are in a ldr and I've met them twice and I am meeting them again soon for my bfs birthday.

919

Most Helpful Guys

• I think if you've been with your partner long enough for them to start treating you as family and you have personal relationships with them. Otherwise, let your partner deal with it.
    You could always buy them a token, respectful present such as food.

• I would say it’s ok now, especially if the last two meetings went well. I don’t think you have to get them all idividual gifts especially if they have a big family, but maybe a nice bottle of wine for mom and dad if they drink. I don’t think it’s inappropriate. I think the first time you met his parents solidified that he was serious about you, so I believe it wouldn’t be wrong to get gifts for his family if you choose to do so.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on the situation. I've been together with my ex-boyfriend for 3 years, and we never bought Christmas presents for the other one's family, because we were living away from our parents, and I barely saw them, let aside interact properly with them.
    But if you have the kind of relationship where you meet up with his mom every once in a while to grab a coffee, or go shopping together, or stuff like that, then yeah, definitely. If you met them once or twice, by accident, then I'd say it is a bit too early, and it might feel like you are pushing yourself on them.