Does my fiance's logic makes sense?

We were discussing about a Titanic scene.

He thinks it was wrong for the girl to jump back into the sinking ship and that she should have stayed on the lifeboat and leave without Jack. The character Jack himself even asked why she did that.

I think it was right because how can you possibly leave behind someone you love. in my opinion, if I can't get out of a situation with my fiance, I ain't going anywhere. I'm staying with my man till the end, even if it meant dying with him. My fiance still thinks differently and explained that if it came to worst, he would rather die knowing I'm safe than letting me die with him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I think Jack could have lived if he really wanted to. He had to die because he was covering for that dumb girls stupid actions.

I feel like they both could have lived if she stayed on the boat. For example. He would have found the piece of drift wood in the sea and stayed on it and lived instead of her since she wouldn't be there.

Instead this stupid girl did stupid things that got him killed while she got to live. I frankly saw Rose as the bad guy of the film. She got innocent people killed for her selfishness.

1|0
    0|0
    • There was room for two on that piece of wood. So him dying didn't make much sense either way.

• Show All
    • Point is she was dumb for getting back on the boat.

It really was a dumb move on her part. Jack was resourceful enough to take care of himself. They both would have lived.

Rose is just awful. She married some other guy, had kids with him and had a grand daughter and then she talks about how Jack is the only person she ever really loved.

So she got her lover killed and dissed her own offspring and late husband.

• yeah I can't imagine how many wasted years that poor husband of her spent on that marriage

Most Helpful Girl

• She was stupid because had she left, Jack probably would have lived. He died because of HER. Sad, but true.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I agree with him, I would be happy if the one I loved survived rather then both of us died.

Wouldn't you feel the same?

Think of all the good things you could gave done if you didn't jump into your death. You could help starving children for example, that is better than you dying.

1|0
    0|0
    • I get it. But then there is the possibility that we could also make it out alive together. The idea of me being safe and sound while my loved one died and we could have been both alive if I would have stayed with him would be a guilt I would forever be living with.

• Aah ok. Now I understand you more, I guess it depends on how hard the situation is.

• In my opinion I would agree with your fiance on this one, its going to sound a bit sexist in a way so in advanced sorry for that.

But I would be happy to let the one I'm with go to safety and be left behind because in my case it would only make it a burden to have to stress about her where I'm alone I'm more flexible and adaptable in all sorts of situations, so if it comes down to dying and no way out of it. I would die happy knowing she ks safe and I would live on with her to some extent.

0|0
    0|0
  • The save the women and children logic is stupid. I can understand saving the children, but why are men not allowed on the boat? This is some sexist bull shit. If I had a girl friend do get off when I decided to let her go I'd be pissed because if she wasn't going to take it I would have😂

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah it seems like some things don't change and in this case it's the guy dying trying to get the girl to safety.
      I still don't get why would my fiance prefer me to leave without him and get to safety while he gets a 50% of not making it by then.

• People tend to want the person they love to live. The same way mothers and fathers will risk their lives to save their kids. Many guys have that same instinct with women.

• Its a flawed movie because she gets back on the ship but after the ship sinks and she's on the piece of wood she doesn't move over to share it with jack instead she lets him freeze to death in the icey cold water

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah that was crappy. If that board really didn't fit for both then I would have take turns with my fiance even if he refused. No way I would let my man die like that on frozen waters.

• Well you’re a better woman than she was

• I was raised with "Women and children first". I still go by that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think your boyfriend is right. Her extra weight would only make it sink faster.

0|0
    0|0
  • You say that so easily, right now. But women are self-preservationists, first and foremost. That's why women typically aren't risk-takers. It is not in female nature to be self-sacrificial, unless it is for children. Certainly, some can be. But it is not the norm. If you say you're an exception, okay. But until you're in a life or death situation--if you've even ever been in a life or death situation--what you say and what you will do are mutually exclusive. It's easy to say.

Especially with all those lovey-dovey chemicals running through your brain, right now. It's so romantic, isn't it? Of course, you would never abandon your man to die alone. Unlike most women who routinely have. But, when you're in that situation, those lovey-dovey chemicals will be replaced by "Oh shit, must preserve self. Women are more valuable than men. I can find a different male easily. My baby needs a mother." instincts which will kick in.

I'm not saying this as a poor reflection on women. I love women. But, as we should know, women are more compassionate, but men are more altruistic. Men are more willing to take risks and sacrifice themselves. Women simply have a different role to play. Nature dictated it.

Men die for women and children.

Women die for children.

That's the state of things. Men have the instinct to protect. Women have the instinct to be protected.

I don't think you realize exactly how powerful the urge to stay alive is, when you're about to die. And if it's that strong for me, it's probably twice as strong for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love fails

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes