Does my fiance's logic makes sense?

We were discussing about a Titanic scene.

He thinks it was wrong for the girl to jump back into the sinking ship and that she should have stayed on the lifeboat and leave without Jack. The character Jack himself even asked why she did that.

I think it was right because how can you possibly leave behind someone you love. in my opinion, if I can't get out of a situation with my fiance, I ain't going anywhere. I'm staying with my man till the end, even if it meant dying with him. My fiance still thinks differently and explained that if it came to worst, he would rather die knowing I'm safe than letting me die with him.

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I think Jack could have lived if he really wanted to. He had to die because he was covering for that dumb girls stupid actions.

I feel like they both could have lived if she stayed on the boat. For example. He would have found the piece of drift wood in the sea and stayed on it and lived instead of her since she wouldn't be there.

Instead this stupid girl did stupid things that got him killed while she got to live. I frankly saw Rose as the bad guy of the film. She got innocent people killed for her selfishness.

• There was room for two on that piece of wood. So him dying didn't make much sense either way.

• Point is she was dumb for getting back on the boat.

It really was a dumb move on her part. Jack was resourceful enough to take care of himself. They both would have lived.

Rose is just awful. She married some other guy, had kids with him and had a grand daughter and then she talks about how Jack is the only person she ever really loved.

So she got her lover killed and dissed her own offspring and late husband.

• yeah I can't imagine how many wasted years that poor husband of her spent on that marriage

Most Helpful Girl

• She was stupid because had she left, Jack probably would have lived. He died because of HER. Sad, but true.