Is what my boyfriend suggesting reasonable?

So I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 years
I've always had trust issues with men ever since my ex boyfriend cheated
So I'm still having trust issues till this day
Especially over social media

Me and my boyfriend got into an argument
He always upload pictures of us and he's always bringing me around his family
And he uploads a picture of us on his profile picture
But then few days ago, I noticed that he hid one of our pictures (which he uploaded as his profile picture)
And I confronted him and asked if he hid it because of another girl?
And he said "I have that picture as my profile picture, that's why I removed it? Why is it a big deal? If I was to cheat, wouldn't I have removed our profile picture?"
And then I apologized for overreacting

And then few hours later, he got mad at me about it and said "I'm really upset and angry, I need to think about our relationship for few days"
And then he called me after 2 days.. to meet up with me

We talked and he said:
"Look, I've had enough of your trust issues. I've been patient with you for 2 years and you still dont trust me. Social media is a big thing for you. I think we need to slow it down. I need you trust me. Im going to test you. Im going to either deactivate my social media or Im going to remove all our pictures from social media. Either that or we're not going to work out because that means you're not going to ever trust me. Social media shouldn't dictate our relationship. Its all about our actual real interactions with each other. I've made so much effort trying to earn your trust by introducing you to my whole family and putting pictures of us on social media but you're still insecure. So I'm forced to do this so you can learn to trust me this time to make it work"

I didn't want to lose him so I agreed to removing all our pictures on social media
He still has some of our pictures on his facebook though :\ but he deleted all our pictures on his instagram

Do you guys think he's being reasonable though?
  • Yes
  • Not really

13