My girlfriend and I were broken up for 6 months, but are back together. She slept with someone within a month of our split, and it bothers me. Help?

So I know I can’t be upset with her, we weren’t together, but it does bother me that she slept with someone within a month of our break up. I commend her for her honesty, she didn’t tell me cause she wanted to hurt me, but because she wants to be totally honest with me. She said she did it because she was trying to get over me and never had any real feelings for the guy. I really love her, and I understand we were broken up, but it bothers me that she slept with someone that soon after our split. I waited almost two months before I even went on a date. Any advice? Insight? We’ve been back together for nearly 6 months now, and she’s the girl I plan on marrying. I don’t think talking to her about it will do any good because it won’t change what happened, and it will probably just turn into an argument.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Can’t be upset. Everyone handles things differently and acts out in different ways. If you truly want to be with her talk about and then move on, she didn’t cheat so there is no point in throwing it in her face in the future. She may have at the time honestly thought it was the end.

0|2
    0|0
  • Why would you get back together with an ex for one thing?
    You have no right to be upset because you were split up at the time.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2d

I acknowledge I can’t be upset. My question was how do I deal with this because it’s not something that I can talk about with her. I think the “an ex is an ex for reason” mentality is very immature and narrow-minded. If the split was amicable and the timing just wasn’t right for a relationship, why should that automatically eliminate you two from ever being together again? I think it’s funny how we let our ego affect our happiness

• Show All
    • 2d

He doesn't have to accept it either. The question is, can you accept it? If not move on. But no one, male or female should have to just accept something if they can't see past it. Smh

• 2d

@Sparda20xx I freaking said I agree geez

What Guys Said 3

• You have every right to feel how things feel. Same for your lady. Since you two weren't together, she doesn't owe you an explanation ; however, if this is something that truly bothers you, it's best to talk it out. If you can't see past it, then you two shouldn't be together.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2d

I think with time it won’t bother me. It’s just sort of one of those things where it’s like “I didn’t really want to hear that.” Almost like if your SO were to recount their sexual experiences with an ex... that’s something I wouldn’t want to hear about.

• No you need to talk to her about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2d

I agree that communication is paramount in any relationship, and we communicate really well. What would I even say? “Hey I know I can’t be mad at you, but it bothers me you slept with someone so soon after we broke up?” Or rather, what good would come of it? She’s just gonna say “look the break up really affected me and I thought sleeping with someone would help me get over you.” That’s essentially what she said when she’s told me. Things are going GREAT between us and I don’t want this to ruin what we have going.

• 2d

Not talking about it though, you'll slowly resent her. Sounds like you already do.

• 2d

I’m not mad at her, I’m just a little hurt and kind of embarrassed, if that makes sense? Probably because I didn't go out with anyone as quickly as she did. I guess in my mind I interpret as “you meant more to me than I meant to you” Im not saying that’s the correct way to look at it, but it’s the way I look at it. That clearly isn’t the case, because who’s together now? Us. I suppose the other thing is the whole “the best way to get over someone is get under someone else” mentality doesn’t work in my opinion, so that thinking seems so foreign to me.

• Ya I no how u feel. But not much you can do but try to forget about it

0|1
    0|0
    • 2d

I no I still think about it sometimes

Recommended myTakes