Is it a turn off for women if a guy is shy and hesitant to do certain things with her at the start of a relationship?

Fyi i never dated anyone before. Im a very shy person and my first relationship i never really took the lead in things coz im very shy due to me being big size. So like i never slapped her butt whenever she liked me too and she even used to tell me to do it. But i couldnt coz it didn't feel right and like on our first date i wanted to kiss her neck but didn't coz principle wise on a first date it wouldn't be right. But i did tell her about it later on. Like i told her what i was feeling. Im not sure how to behave in a relationship since i never was in one so i learnt by knowijg how they are supposed to progress and followed that time period. So is it like a turn off or put off for girls when guys are like this. I need to know in order to properly adjust my character. Oh and i was also very hesitant coz im from south africa and since im big size and indian i didn't wana give off rapey vibes so i dont like to make first moves out of habit coz big guys can get accused of rape or abuse very easy with no believing them in instant so take that into consideration

20