12 age gap, anyone in the same situation?

I am 38 and I have met a 50years old man. Love at first sight. We do love each other. He is the man I have always dreamed about. We have been together for 3 months. Anyone with the same age gap? Your experience?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I might not be, but my sister is with her husband being 38 and her being 27. They've got a very healthy relationship going for them after 6 years now with two beautiful daughters! Honestly, age shouldn't matter here if the both of you click so well! I know some people will tell you that not dating someone with a similar age as you could lead to complications such as a lack of common interests, potential mommy/daddy issues and/or concerns about one partner dying much sooner then the other but love has no boundaries! If your boyfriend is the one you love, let no restrictions prevent you from dating them! I'm really happy the two of you get together so well, despite the age difference! I always wondered what a relationship like that is like :)

1|2
    0|0
    • 3d

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion and your encouragement. 😊😊😊

• Show All
    • 2d

Kyren, I was married! But I was in a toxic marriage. I should have quited much earlier but our son was little so for his sake I always gave in. Now he is almost an adult... I left my husband. I haven't regretted it.

• 1d

I should have asked more about that, my apologizes! It sounded like you would have left your ex-husband a long time ago had it not been for your son. Divorce really does affect a child's life since I was a part of a family like that and I was never sure if it was smarter to wait out a terrible marriage or cut it off early to avoid resentment over time. Either way, you had a plan going and that's what matters! Congrats again on finding a man you are much happier with :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• My age two gaps were MUCH greater. I wouldn't recommend me marrying a girl half my age but your age gap is nothing. You can do everything anyone else would do if the gap was smaller.

Check this couple out.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCmWvJq_UDJ-EP8CIeshsw_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0xQJSFYkOs

1|1
    0|0
  • In the past, yes, I've had relationships of 12 year age gaps. Presently, the age gap between my girlfriend and me is over 25 years. I am older than her mother.

1|0
    0|0
  • Celine Dion had a very successful marriage to a man more than 20 years her senior.
    Emmanuel Macron's wife of 11 years is 25 years his senior.
    You're in very good company.

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Thank you! These are very encouraging. 😊😊😊

• At those ages who cares about the gap. Some people are just too stingy

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with that nothing to do with no one date him

1|0
    0|0
  • Mines bigger. My girlfriend is 31

1|0
    0|0
  • daddy issues

0|0
    1|3
  • The rule is half your age plus 7 is the cut off. So the lowest he can date is 32. (50/2 + 7). Your completely fine. Who cares.

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean, nothing wrong. Ya`ll both adults. I just hope he`s till able to perform well at that age, lol.. if you know what i mean

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Oh, he DOES! This is not a problem at all. He is almost more active than I. LOL

• 3d

then you ain`t got nothing to worry about lol

• 3d

Thank you. LOL

What Girls Said 1

• I've been having a LDR with someone 8 years older than me. We got together when I was 19 but I'm 20 now and he's 28. We've been together on and off a year now and it can be difficult at times especially when we fight. He just doesn't care and accepts it but I can be immature and I want him to have a reaction to me getting mad at him to show he cares. He doesn't fall for my games which I really need in a relationship. He makes me feel at ease and as if I can be myself around him, I don't have to but up a front with him. Recently I told him I loved him but he didn't say it back.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Sorry to hear.

• Show All
    • 2d

If something ever happens it will be much, much harder for him to find someone new than it will be for you.

• 2d

@sonnysunshine hm... thank you.

Recommended myTakes