12 age gap, anyone in the same situation?

I am 38 and I have met a 50years old man. Love at first sight. We do love each other. He is the man I have always dreamed about. We have been together for 3 months. Anyone with the same age gap? Your experience?

110

Most Helpful Guy

• I might not be, but my sister is with her husband being 38 and her being 27. They've got a very healthy relationship going for them after 6 years now with two beautiful daughters! Honestly, age shouldn't matter here if the both of you click so well! I know some people will tell you that not dating someone with a similar age as you could lead to complications such as a lack of common interests, potential mommy/daddy issues and/or concerns about one partner dying much sooner then the other but love has no boundaries! If your boyfriend is the one you love, let no restrictions prevent you from dating them! I'm really happy the two of you get together so well, despite the age difference! I always wondered what a relationship like that is like :)

• 3d

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion and your encouragement. 😊😊😊

• 2d

Kyren, I was married! But I was in a toxic marriage. I should have quited much earlier but our son was little so for his sake I always gave in. Now he is almost an adult... I left my husband. I haven't regretted it.

• 1d

I should have asked more about that, my apologizes! It sounded like you would have left your ex-husband a long time ago had it not been for your son. Divorce really does affect a child's life since I was a part of a family like that and I was never sure if it was smarter to wait out a terrible marriage or cut it off early to avoid resentment over time. Either way, you had a plan going and that's what matters! Congrats again on finding a man you are much happier with :)