Why does my current boyfriend keep asking about my ex-boyfriend?

So I have been dating this guy for a month and everything is going well. Except one thing.
He tends to bring up my ex-boyfriend into the conversation a lot and asks me how my experience dating my ex-boyfriend was different from dating him.

I had brought up my ex-boyfriend in conversation with this new guy a couple of times in the beginning, just to say that I had been in a very emotionally abusive relationship and that it would take me a while to trust again. I only brought my ex-boyfriend up in the beginning to explain why it might take me a while to feel comfortable in a new relationship.

Now every time I meet up with him, he asks a new question about my ex-boyfriend and compares it to the new relationship. He will tell me he is glad I am with him now and not my ex.

Why does he keep asking me about my ex-boyfriend?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Your current boyfriend is most likely insecure and inexperienced as this is a colossal dating error. Your past is none of his business unless YOU bring it up in conversation and wish to share it.

0|0
    0|1
  • He's insecure.

0|0
    0|0
  • he is really your ex in a disguise

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I have experienced the same. I come from an abusive marriage. In the beginning i talked about him to my new love too just to explain my reaction to him. He started comparing himself to my ex. He is jealous and loves me a lot and wants to be much better than him. Now i never mention my ex, and i do not let my new love to talk about him either. But i always make sure that my love is the best and he is the only one I do love. Do not let your ex stay in your life and between the two of you. Never mention him again, and cut it when your new love tries to mention him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes