Do you believe in The One?

Why or why not? Have you found them? Do you believe in The One?
  • Yes, I believe in The One and yes, I have found them.
  • Yes, I believe in The One but no, I have not found them.
  • No, I don’t believe in The One.
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D

1645

What Guys Said 45

• No, because 'the one' people are looking for are either already in a relationship, or they are having one night stands with fuck boys (or has a friend with benefits, and probably/ most likely have and STI or an STD cause no one has the time to use protection before having sex with someone)...

So no, I don't believe in it any more, cause the hook up culture has taken over, and relationships don't exist cause no one is bothered to put in any effort anymore...

Especially those close to my age, they've probably had more one night stands than they've had hot dinners...

I feel as if almost everyone in society have thrown all of their morals away, and don't give a fuck about relationships, like having moral is wrong, and people say your being picky/ pussy about who you get with (most guys say any hole is a goal, but I ain't like that and never will be, I'm still a virgin sadly, I can't fuck anyone just based on physical attraction like most guys do, who are fuck boys, there has to be more of a connection before I get intimate with any girl)...

• I was with her for a time. Then she went on her way. Seasons change, people change. People come and people go. Not everyone is in your life for the long haul to the finish line. If you are ever fortunate enough to be with that person, it's indescribably beautiful. The reality is, you may spend the rest of your life with them, or you are only to be with them for a time, and then you painfully, gut wrenchingly, soul crushingly, and heartbreakingly part and go down separate paths in life.
    Nobody ever pissed in my Wheaties and told me life was fair.
    Nope. My father and mother were pretty straightforward with me.
    They said, "Son, life isn't fair. Life is cruel, life is hard, life is a learning experience. Learn from you mistakes, and learn from the mistakes of others. The world is not a nice place. It's a really messed up placed with a lot of messed up people. Don't worry over things. Things are replaceable, people are not. Value life, be good to people, and concern yourself with making due in life as best you can with what you've got."

• I do not believe in "the one".

I have met several wonderful women who I could see myself spending some or all of my life with. But no matter how amazing the women were, there was always some aspect of their person or life that did not resonate with me (which is not a bad thing), and the women were great matches for different reasons.

Consequently, it is my believe that we can be happy with numerous partners.

• I sure do- I just found mine, and she is definitely The One.

• Yep, Jet Lee exists.

• I think for some people, the concept of "the one" exists and their mate really does seem to be "the one". I know of at least one married couple like this. For others, not so much.

• All this " the one " and " soulmates " stuff is media BS. People are flawed and women and men are totally differently wired , with mostly opposite needs , wants and interests , most hetero relationships are full of conflict in most cases.

• i love animals but im a novice comparing to my dad. he used to be big af, and he " collects" everything and brings em home to take care of em. sometimes he doesn't even see that the animal already has an owner if he stands to far🤣 once the owner had to run towards us not to take the little doggie home.

• in my opinion, it's an illusion to think there is "the one".

it's more likely that there is many people you can't stand with, some with who you'll be good friends, others mybe a good couple but all is based on the affinity between you and the person.

Ofc you'll need time to see someone who match perfecly with you but nothing is perfect and there is not one persone who correspond 100% to you (+ you should totally correspond to him)

• No. They don't exist. There is not some specific person created to be with you. There are people that have the potential to be compatible with you. To simply say that "the one" exists is to give into wishful thinking.

• Yep.
    I believe I have found her. We have been talking for quite a while. The best thing is that we are taking things slow on purpose, actually getting to know each other. We are being honest with each other. Nothing is overly sexualized to build up fantasies, which can lead to disappointment later.
    We share how we feel and where we believe we are at the moment in our relationship. It allows the other to know if we are moving forward, in a comfort area, or moving backwards.

To have someone that is that comfortable, and makes you feel that comfortable, talking about anything and everything, who is understanding and no judgment is the most amazing thing ever.

• the assumption that there is "the one" person that fits you best is toxic to society and relationships. don't think of people as binary. many people can fit your needs, you just have to find a good one and settle for them.

• Yeah. I believe. I haven't found her yet. I might. She might be close by or she might be far away.

• Maybe but doesn't mean you will ever find them or that they would even be available if you did... Overall to me its just a term for the closest starting point to a relationship that you want before putting in effort to be what you think you want

• Yes, I definitely do. I believe finding the right person is definitely possible. Granted, it is extremely hard, but it is worth the effort.

• This is 1 of those yes and no things because I thought I had found "the 1" but shit changes and people change so maybe someone who u thought was perfect turns into someone u wish ud never met

• Yeah but most people won’t find them so it doesn’t matter.

• In my old age I lost faith

• I find the one I want to be with the rest of my live but somewhere she changed and is pushing me away

• 5d

I fully understand that one! And even after having kids with them it's rough to be tossed away like rubbish. But that doesn't stop me believing as without hope life is s**t

• I get the meaning but I would of said it like my soul was Alf full till you entered into my life an made me whole

• I don't know. Every time I think I've finally found "The One" she turns out not to be "The One"

• Yes I believe and yes I found him-- he's played by Keanu Reeves in The Matrix.

• No, I don't believe in that. Even if she does exist, the odds that I'd find her are zero.

• No i dont believe in one.
    can't tell, there could be few, world is a big place...

• I believe in Neo.

• I do, but as time goes on my beliefs on it become weaker and weaker.

• Yes I do but I haven’t found her yet, still a virgin 🙁

• Unless you speak of the matrix one I don't believe in it.

• Absolutely. I'm with her now.

• Show more from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 16

• There's no such thing as "the one" in my opinion. There are many potential people you could be in love with. There's not just one person for you. There are times in your life when someone's right for you and that might change as life goes on. There's a right person for you at the right time and under proper circumstances.

• Yes, and no... Think about it, people die every single day! The ratio of men to women is like 3 to 1. If there was really ONE person for everyone it would really suck if that one died in a car accident, wouldn't it? I believe it's more like several good matches and a PINCH of great matches! This makes more sense to me. You still have several chances to be happy even if the ONE is never found.

• I don't believe that there was another person out their with their fate predestined to be yours, but I do believe that certain personalities get along with each other very well, almost like a soulmate would. So in a way, yes I do.

• There is no "The One". I believed in "The One" before my last break up. I thought this person and I would be together forever. I loved this person completely. After 4 years it didn't matter. Easy for people to just walk away. I think that put in enough stress and under enough pressure even "The One' will leave you "Alone"

• I don’t. If there is ‘The One’ I have yet to meet him. And even then he has a lot of boxes to tick before I k ow he’s ‘The One’!!

• I do feel like there is “the one”. However, it is not always a mutual feeling. Sometimes one is in true love and the other had “other” intentions. This is a sad reality. Please, if any of you read this. Stay true! Only do and say what you actually feel. Not what you “think” you feel in the moment from in on air feeling that is going to go away when the person is not sitting next to you. NEVER pretend someone is the one! Life is short and it’s EVIL. I have been the sad victim of this tragedy. Please you guys be good humans. Sending love to all. I truly hope that all of human kind finds the one.

• No, I don’t believe in “the one.” To me, it’s someone you get along with really well, are best friends and can see a future with him.

• BLAINE WARBLER
    "oh there you are, I've been looking for you forever. "😍

• There’s no ‘the one’ , for me at least.

• Yes and I believe I have found him 💖

• I believes in the many

• I do

• 😂😂😂😂
    Nope

• There's 7.5 Billion people. Anybody can be 'The One'. I beleive their can be many people who can be the one.

• Nah everybody has like 10 the ones in their lives

• 5d

Then to that I would say you are too young to know what that means then. However if you mean you have had ten that are one out of ten ie a bit naff then ok I agree.