I try and get close, but she only ever runs away. How can I be with her?

Me and this girl have known each other for around a year and a half. It's been a special relationship I want to say, but I don't know what to do at this point. We've never dated or gone out, but she is well aware of how I feel. I remember being straight forewarned and telling her I really did like her. At the time, she seemed to have taken it quite well. I hadn't asked her to go out or be my girlfriend, but simply that I liked her and felt I had to speak it.
She is a very shy girl, while I'm a quite lonely lad. I haven't had friends for around 13 years and I haven't got anyone to speak to about this. Even so, it seems she took some trusting to me. The times we spoke after I'd told her I liked her she spoke well, comfortably even. She opened up about certain things which I was so glad she did. I've been told in all the time she's been at our school she's never spoken to anyone about those things, not even her friends. I've got to say, I really did feel special. You'd think this would be great, and it would be if it weren't for how often I see her.
I've usually got to wait a week to see her for around 40 minutes. I've spent countless hours thinking of ways to talk to her in any way. I've made letters, video messages on handheld recorders... but I want to listen to her as well, and I can't always give these things to her. I can't phone her because I haven't got a phone due to me not liking them.
Whenever I'm walking up to her and she sees me, she turns around and runs away. Quite literally runs away, as though I were some beast.
I don't know if she's too timid or scared to look at me, but it hurts. I remember I was afraid of speaking to her, as I'd never before opened up to anyone about anything in my life. I've always tried to be alone.
I need to know how I can help her open up or how I can get her to not run away and just talk to me. I just want to talk to and listen to her, but I can't do that while she's sprinting away.
How can I stop her from running away?

10