Why does he keep calling me a fake b*tch?

I have been friends with this guy for a couple of years now. I am certain he liked me because of the way he was talking and the content of his text messages. I thought he was a pretty kool person and have thought of him the same way for ages now. However I am a very closed of person so I do not really let it show. In fact I used to speak to him like I would speak to any of my other friends. I would still find time to call him or text him whenever I could and would never ignore calls. On the phone we never argued or had problems. However recently a problem occurred where a girl I know spoke to him and apparently told him that I made it out like he chases after me and I don't respond to it. He got really angry and started calling me a fake bitch and various other names. My other friend sorted this out and told him that this girl was talking rubbish, however he told her to tell me he's sorry and to move on. My friend implied that I like him but he said none of it makes sense. I eventually got speaking to him, this took at least a month. It seemed perfectly fine again until I text him in a jokey way but he became extremely angry again like how it was before and again called me fake and told me to leave him alone. How do I sort this out?
Why does he keep calling me a fake b*tch?
Add Opinion