He cheated and hurt me... but says I’m hard to deal with bc I need full honesty. Why does my ex boyfriend keep wanting to get back together?

My boyfriend and I broke up bc of his indiscretions- as far as I know, it wasn’t physical but he carried on talking sexually with other girls he met online. He blamed it on the fact that we moved and he wasn’t unhappy and we were fighting a lot (I was nagging bc he was being a dick and was on steroids). It happened before a year ago, and he blames it on the fact that he was young and didn’t know what he wanted. He moved to fl, when we broke up. He has been dating other peopke (as have I) and we have had no contact for 5 months. He has reached out to me and says he knows, without a doubt, that I am the only girl he has ever loved. He had always known and is sorry for hurting me. Nobody makes him feel the way I do and nothing is fun without me. He says he feels a hole in his chest when I’m not around. the girl he was last w is actually really pretty and has a nice body so I don’t thjnk it’s that (though to be frank I am also pretty and work hard on my body.) when we get back together he expects me to act like I used to but he has hurt me. Then he gets frustrated because I want to talk about the problems with other girls and infidelity. Why does he keep getting back together w me? Why won’t he just let us move on? Then when we get back together and I’m still hurt he gets frustrated with me. I still catch him in little lies even today.
3
1