Do couples commonly gain weight in relationships?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Unfortunately...

Yet when I'm single, I'm fit and active... ironic huh? 🤔

Either my next boyfriend is going to be a gymrat like me, or I think I'm better off single! Lol

1|1
    0|0
  • My boyfriend has stopped working out since we started dating, and he’s gained some weight. I still workout, but not as often, but, i haven’t gained weight.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes and it's not uncommon at all. It hasn't anything to do with them being in a relationship. Regardless if people are single or not, they would eventually gain weight with age because your body change as you ages. Since it's common for people to get a partner and stay with them for a long time, therefor you can see easily noticeable changes through the years. It's especially noticeable when both of the partners gains weight than a single person getting a belly because you've two people you can use as comparison.

When people are young and have recently become together, they're usually slim and young looking. When they're ca. 40 years old or older many often gradually gains weight and many stays overweight from they're 40+ until death. From my experience I've seen many people gives up trying to lose weight after a certain age and especially if they've children, grandchildren, are busy and so on.

People also tends to date within their own league if they lives in a diverse urban area. That means physical attractive people tends to date people who are as physically attractive as them and that they often have a similar body shape. Slim people dates slim, fat dates fat and people who gains weight easily dates others in the same boat. If you lives in a little diverse rural area there are more likely good looking people dates average or below because there are fewer dating options.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually, but it partially depends on age and other things.

But sometimes people lose weight. Generally speaking guys will eat healthier when they have someone watching what they eat, or his girlfriend or wife is making the meals (or at least helping). So they still may gain, but overall, they may eat better.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• Yes. I gained weight lol and so has he but he is still at his ideal weight since he was slightly under weight when he had a job that depressed him so much

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! definitely... its having a great partner who either cooks well, or just having one awesome relationship that is worth being in.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and my husband definitely gained weight since getting married. But we lost the weight together. But totally common though

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow.. very interesting phenomenon. I never even thought about it before but it’s definitely true.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they eat when they should be fucking yes.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yeah i always see people getting fat together

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's pretty common / happens most of the time

1|0
    0|0
  • I've seen it with my brother and his wife 👀

0|1
    0|0
  • Still not gained any weight

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes when you're in a happy relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes unfortunately

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, my boyfriend and i have both gained weight together. I've seen it in other couples as well.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 23

• Nope! I would take my relationship as first example, i workout regularly and the wife don't even knows how a gym looks like. I see a lot that one partner is thin and the other is a bit overweight, i rarely see both have the same body type (as slim or overweight)

0|0
    0|0
  • Every couple I've seen has. I knew a girl who was quite thin when she started dating a friend of mine. In the 2 years that they've been together, she must have gained 20-30 pounds. She looks great, better, honestly, so I guess you could say it was a good thing. I definitely noticed that her boobs and butt were fuller than they were before.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually hard to maintain your weight, period, especially after age 30. For some people, looking for a partner does provide a huge impetus for keeping one's weight in check.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes cause it’s pleasurable to lounge and indulge with her. More so when it’s with a girlfriend than if you are alone

Food is a great buzz lol it can be 😂 for many. That natural high

0|0
    0|0
  • Some do and some do not. I had one ex gain weight while I lost weight... the woman would finish before me and proceed to eat off my plate. Heck of a weight loss program.

0|0
    0|0
  • Logically, this would set a limit to how long couples were meant to be together until they either broke up and lost weight or stayed together and died of obesity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes when you make a big life change like get into a committed relationship you'll probably gain weight

0|0
    0|0
  • It can happen for a number of reasons but it's not a given or mandatory.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't a never will. I prioritize fitness a lot and train often. So there won't be an issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • YES!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they do, 100%

0|0
    0|0
  • Women sure seem to every time I date them...

0|0
    1|0
  • yes lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps. It depends on the couple.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, very common.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do humans gain weight when they eat? Yes lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.. and there's a reason but I don't remember

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes 😂 I know from my own experience

0|0
    0|0
  • yes they do

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always hear stories of girls letting themselves go after getting a boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, couples begin to share both healthy and unhealthy habits.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes