#Hugs. Do you like them? Can you give them? Are you comfortable receiving them?

Let’s for expediencies sake in this case , hugs are a euphemism for physical affection (not sex)

Are you a person that values physical affection from your partner?

Are you comfortable being affectionate with your partner?

Are you receptive to their affection?

What do you like or not like about affection within relationships, that is not expressly sexual in nature?
  • I love it.
  • I hate it.
  • I don’t care either way.
    Vote C
  • I want it but I have difficulty expressing and or being receptive to it.
    Vote D
  • Other.
    Vote E
In the post, I do mean with your boyfriend / girlfriend husband / wife. Not random people or friends or family.

2544

Most Helpful Guys

• Used to make me uneasy when younger, before i had a girlfriend and had been touched really by a girl...

I love them now, they so nice especially from nice people :)

• What abiit it made you uncomfortable? Was there any thought attached it just a physical feeling of discomfort?

And was kind of discomfort? Like repulsion or nervousness or nausea etc

Thanks I’m interested in how often oeoooe are ok with it but also in how it bothers those it bothers. I know you’re good with it now but I’m curious if you can look back and recall the date.

Thank you 😁

• Thanks for explaining by the way

• I had been touched by my mum and my dad (like hugs etc or smacks.. was the 80s/early 90s) but really beyond that there was 1 girl who hugged me when we left school at 15/16.. and that was it... it was just a new thing, something i hadn't experienced. I had a close female friend who would grab my bum and give me hugs and such to try and get me used to it (it was cool with my girlfriend at the time as she lived miles away and they knew each other)

I can't recall when it got okay, i think just after years and years i suddenly was just okay with it all

• The problem is, I'm ex-military, with PTSD. So while she can lay on me like a blanket at home, PDAs that restrict my mobility or arms are right out once we pass the front door.

Most Helpful Girls

• Hugs have been an entire part of my youth because in my family, we were very bonded and cared for each other. This included hugs from parents and siblings. Those gestures meant "I love you and I care for you".

I have absolutely no shame or feel discomfort to show my emotions to those people I care for. Those emotions include hugs and kisses.

Those who have never been hugged because they did not mean something for somebody have been missing a lot. They have missed what it is to be loved for what they are, they are missing how good it feels when you are hugged because you are sad/depressed/in tears or happy.

I would go as far as to say that people who have seldom been hugged or are afraid to show emotions, even in public, are missing out a lot.

People are not judged on how much love and care they give and receive, but on how indifferent to emotions they are. Men cry and I salute every single man that has the courage to cry in public for something that moves him. To me, a crying man is a real man.

The same applies to hugs. A person that hugs others in private or public cannot be a bad person.

• I think this was very well thought out And I appreciate you taking the time to contribute this view point. Thank you 😊

• let me give you a bear hug!

• Too late to update my reply after your update.

I still like to hug my loved one, even in public. He gives me the confidence and strength so I show my pride by hugging and kissing him.

• Def. love them... I love to give them out for free to my students... some thats all they needed at sometimes.

I remember my mom hugging me a lot when I was a child.
    We grow up to be healthy emotionally when we recieved hugs/affections from our care takers when young, as infants through out young adualcent years...

Throughout this time, if a child goes through some kind of trauma, he/she will withdraw/shut down/fear from affection if not corrected.

I remember one of my fifth graders, she was defiant, turned cold, turned away when trying to understand her... slowly, i learned something about her childhood...
    i slowy, gave her hugs... by the end of the school year, she would hug me, but still a bit stiff...

• That is beautiful... it remind me of a story a guyxwas very belligerent and acting out on the bus. People were becoming afraid he was getting violent behavior... A martial art expert cane to him and very calmly hugged him solidly... everyone could see the original man body Melt into the hug and relax.

I always thought it would be very romantic to diffuse a loves madness with a hug. but I don’t ha either courage to hug.

• I’ll discuss it in private with you when I get a chance to pm you 😊

• 7d

yes from SO...
      I am trying to imagine not getting hugs from SO... i think it will fall apart and wondered if there is something wrong with me...

hugs, touch, kisses... etc.. all these affections are required