Who gets more easily offended by stuff-- guys or girls?

I know "things" isn't exactly a particularly articulate descriptor, but just use your imagination. I don't personally think it's equal; it's just that what "offends" differs a bit between the sexes sometimes. This is under "relationships" but it doesn't necessarily need to be about relationship stuff.
Who gets more easily offended by stuff-- guys or girls?
  • Guys, usually
    Vote A
  • Girls, usually
    Vote B
  • About equal
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
more votes
6d
The correct answer is girls. It was mostly rhetorical. Though, I suppose it does matter that different things make each gender mad differently sometimes; guys can still be total morons and easily "offended" depending what it's about.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls in 95% of cases. There's one area where men are far easier to offend - insults that specifically target their pride. Most guys can't deal well with a direct attack on their masculinity.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• Girls. I tell my mother a joke and then she gets offended and lectures me. I tell my dad a joke and he laughs his ass off.
    Long story short, I don't joke with my mother anymore because her stupid brain can't comprehend jokes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely girls 100%. I can call my guy friends a "fat lazy prick"and they will just laugh or if we fight its completely forgotten about the next second.

Girls on the other hand are constantly looking for to be offered by many because we're so insecure, sensitive creatures. for example if I told a girl friend "your hair looks really pretty today" she probably be thinking to herself "oh so she's saying my hair looks like shit every other day. Bitch" and hold a grudge over it for the next two years.

1|4
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation. You say no to sending nudes or turn down sex from a random guy and they flip their shit

1|1
    0|1
  • It depends on the person, but I think women mostly do. Although, some guys I've known are set off by the most harmless of comments; i. e. saying their full first name.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Their name?

• 6d

He goes by a shortened version of his name, so when someone at home says his name he thinks he's in trouble. I don't know, he just gets really angry if I say it.

• 6d

Um... that's one guy.

• My guess would be about equal, depeding more on the person than on the gender. But I think that the reasons over which one gets offended do differ for a big part between men and women.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'd say its about equal some guys get annoyed by identity politics or feminism. Some girls get annoyed by sexist undertoned jokes or people saying its that time of the month. Its all dumb and none is better then the other

0|3
    1|0
  • Honestly, I would say females. Most females I have known get offended more easily!

2|2
    0|1
  • I understand why people vote for women more but from my experience it's guys. Especially when it comes to certain topics and debates, guys tend to be always in a defensive mode.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty equal. Both genders get pretty but hurt pretty easily

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls usually. We are too sensitive

2|2
    0|0
  • I’d say both are equally sensitive.

0|1
    0|1
  • Gurls

0|2
    0|0
  • Female. All I have with not very good friend ship.

0|2
    0|1
  • Guys but that's my own experience...

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what subjected it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both about equally

0|1
    1|7
  • Snowflakes get offended

2|2
    0|0
    • 6d

What is that supposed to mean

• Show All
    • 5d

Not really, almost everyone uses the word lol

• 5d

I guess. It's still weird.

• It depends on the person but generally speaking girls are way more sensitive

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the individual. I personally think that in general guys and girls are equally offended by small things, but that guys typically don't show it. Then again it really depends on the individual person.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Maybe, but logically, if we don't show it, then how would you know we're "offended" at all in the first place

• i think guys are way too sensitive when it comes to a girl they have feelings for. like if they hang around other guys... if the girl doesn't text them back for hours... if she doesn't say the right thing... i think when feelings are invested, it's easier to offend men.

2|0
    0|2
    • 6d

Ehhh... gotta disagree with you there. For ^ the reason you expressed specifically? I'd say that at least for that reason, no way-- both sides are equal.

• Show All
    • 6d

good thing this is an opinionated website lol you don't have to agree. and exactlyy. barely any of those relationships work out. but you believe what you want to, and ill believe what i want to.

• 6d

Um... okay

What Guys Said 42

• Women. They are super quick to block someone online or through texting from the most innocuous thing and walk away cause they can't handle a confrontation.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Oh of the few dozen people who have blocked me on here, none of it for good cause, about 80% of them have been female.

• 6d

I'm surprised it's only 80% tbh. Think about on dating sites too. Your flirting turning ever so slightly sexual to show you like her and avoid becoming friends can result in being blocked in an instant. Just depends on how stroppy she is that day haha

• Girls are far more expressionate and vocal about it. Guys been shit on so long its just rain down their back. Plus no one loves men so no one listens to men. Everyone loves women... Scratch that... They are deathly afraid of mom so guys and girls alike cow tow to the mother entity and this enables females to be more vocal. That and mothers demand their daughters to communicate while abandoning their boys.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also women grow up. to mirror moms behaviours and most moms are deeply traumatised and abusive.

• My first instinct was "women" but I've seen REALLY *BITCH* ass men..

So 50/50 in my opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women, easily. We all have the capacity to get offended but women tend to choose to get offended by something that is neither meant to be offensive nor really is a offensive.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's almost equal really, men are offended by some things women aren't offended by and women are offended by some things men aren't offended by and some things both men and women are offended by so often times it seems as though women are more offended by things but men are the same it's only that many times they just don't show it on the outside...

0|0
    0|0
  • Instances where I sent texts that to me seemed concerned for her safety by offering help were misconstrued as nosy, and suffocating, and judgmental. The leap in logic when given time to overthink is astounding.

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys can get offended but they'll let it go. When girls get offended, though, they'll hold a grudge and never get over it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls have pussies, so naturally they're going to act like one!

They're more likely to have their feewings hurt and place more emphasis on all that other sentimental BS.

Hence, why a good number of women are terrible at debates; they tend to be subjective which has no place in an argument where logic, reason, and facts triumph.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not about gender, it's about being weak ass (mainly on the internet) and being offended. And thinking that everything must change, so that person is not offended anymore. Not realizing the stupidity of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Feminists and LBGTQ+. Doesn't matter if male female or non binary.

0|0
    1|1
  • I'd like to say women, because they are usually more emotionally inclined than most men are. But there are some topics that just drive men crazy for no reason at all. So about even.

1|0
    0|1
  • girls. men are used to offense, cause we smack talk each other for fun.

1|1
    0|0
  • since women operate on feelings and emotion more than is obviously them.

most dudes who get easily offended by everything are usually mentally unstable

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think either gender really is more prone to it but I think there are different issues that offend the different genders more

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends.

We are all defensive in our own way.

3|0
    0|0
  • women are the issue
    how do you not know this its all over the internet

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls by far. The classic "does this dress make me look fat?" question is only proof of that.
    There is no right answer to that.

0|1
    0|1
  • From my personal experience it's girls but I don't see it as a bad thing.
    It can be cute sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Ehhh... gotta disagree with you there. That it's cute I mean.

• 6d

Obviously it's not cute when they go insane and start screaming, but when you say something controversial and they're a little offended I find it cute.

• Girls! Especially SJW snowflakes.

0|1
    0|2
  • Whoever takes life too serious and let their emotions dictate their initial thoughts

0|0
    0|0
  • It actually depends so I can also ask who's ruder? Who assumes more they're getting offended fast?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how anyone can vote anything but women. (Not all women but a large chunk of them)

Even trying to look at this from an even playing field women still get offended all the time.

It a defence mechanism engraved into their minds by tradition.

The only way women were listened to in olden times where if it was serious, if she was seen as in danger or similar.

That's why is so effective and it's also why they keep doing it.

Look at female criminals they are coddled " it's just a mental problem she's not actually a criminal"
    For a man he would be straight to jail without question.

We need to end this idea that women are weaker and need to be protected they can fend for themselves and deserve no special protection.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • 6d

Um... I don't think that's really relevant dude. You're referring to stuff that was decades or centuries ago.

• 6d

It was but it still has an effect today.

It may not be direct but young women have to learn from someone and they learned from the ones this effected.

In 3/4 more generations then sure but I think it's still relevant.

• the newest generation thinks being offended is a badge of honor. I pity them

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm offended by physical brutality and abuse

0|1
    0|0
  • Liberals...

0|0
    0|1
  • Girls all day everyday...

0|1
    0|1
  • Girls

0|4
    0|1
  • Women. Emotional creatures by default.

0|2
    0|0
  • Women by a long shot lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's person specific and not gender specific.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes