Should a married couple combine their incomes?

Please explain your reason why.
One bank account for everything.

1130

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes , cuz love doesn't come from money , being married means your a team no matter what and you trust each other when it comes to buying small things for yourself then that shouldn't be an issue but if you are buying something expensive then you should talk it over with your partner , it doesn't matter who makes more money just as long as your bills r paid should only be the only thing that matters , communication is the key. Ad for me I know I wouldn't go out and buy something expensive without talking to her first

• I think you better have your own accounts + a shared account that you both put a set amount of money on each month to cover shared bills such as rent.

• Keeps the detaild tidy and you get a little bit of privacy. You can have both shared and personal goals, I think that would be quite healthy.

Most Helpful Girls

• absolutely never. ever. ever. the only joint account a married couple should have is general funds (electricity, mortgage, water, home repairs, etc.)
    a man and woman should always have their own money. period.

• Every couple is different. Here is what my boyfriend and I decided:
    We keep separate accounts in case of divorce or arguments, and we have one combined account we each input in for our shared expenses, such as bills, food, saving for a car, etc. Plus, mtuple accounts means that if one of you were to be hacked not all of the money would be taken