Have you ever rejected someone?

Have you ever rejected someone?

And if yes, what were your reasons?
Ironically enough, in my case it happened with my female best friend.
Right after I had got together with my girlfriend, my female best friend came out that she liked me wasn't happy about me having a girlfriend.
I calmly told her I didn't return her feelings but wanted to remain friends, but she blew up to my face.
Subsequently I cut off with her.

What's your story? And what were your reasons?
Updates:
Turns out I rubbed salt on someone's wounds.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The guy had wasn't visibly flawed but he had a lot of annoying dispositions and I felt like he contributed nothing to society. He had a disability so could not work for a living unless it was a very simple job with part time hours but I think he could have done other things like read a book or volunteer or try to improve his English.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I worked in a local psychiatric facility with a fairly young nurse. I'll call yer Eve. I was 27 years old and she was probably 35 and very attractive for her age. We worked a 3-11 pm shift. After work, several of us would go to a nearby lounge for a drink to unwind and socialize a bit before going home.

One night, Eve and I were the last of our group at the lounge. I walked her to her car, simply trying to be a gentleman. When we got to her car, she turned to me and started kissing me, telling me that she wanted me to take her back to my apartment. I said "no," because

1. she was married (and this is enough reason by itself, but also)
    2. I knew her husband (a local psychiatrist,) and he was a genuinely nice guy, and
    3. they had children at home.

I was VERY attracted to her and it was difficult to reject her advances, but I told her to go home and work on her marriage and we could act as if this event had never happened.

I recently googled her husband and discovered that they had moved to another state and were still married to each other. I know that I did the right thing and I hope that they resolved their problems and found happiness.

I have also said "thank you, you are a nice girl, but we are not right for each other: at the end of several first dates. I would not be doing anyone a favor by pretending to be attracted to them.

0|1
    0|0
    • That was a really good and thoughtful thing in your part, you behaved excellently if I may say.
      I really enjoyed reading this answer.

• Thanks. I have always looked back and knew that I did the right thing.

• Yeah, plenty of times. There were couple of reasons and sometimes a mix of them. The most common ones include
    Lack of my interest in her,
    Smoking/drinking/drugs,
    Her being too pushy and desperate,
    Me not being ready for a relationship,
    Trust issues,
    Drama, etc.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Yea. Weird thing is, a lot of us have realized, people start hitting on you or confessing their interest in you AS SOON AS you're in a relationship

Odd asf.

I had 2 male friends that told me that they like (d) me... After i started dating my boyfriend. Like. Wtf man.

Oh and an ex that randomly texted me to "start being friends again" LikE WaiT NooooO

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I rejected a guy and told him no, he went to my room and asked me 100 reasons why did I say no? Was it his nose too big? was it his family background? was it this or that? I said I just was not ready to be in a relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • A few. Not my type, creeped me out by being far too sexual fat too early on

1|1
    0|0
  • yes..
    kinda a lot :/
    heh
    i'm not ready basically.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think so, most of the time I just ignore the guys

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah all the time there is weird dudes out there

0|1
    0|0
  • Jesus Christ, guy like you make my blood boil.
    You lead on good girls for years, then find a random slut and drop them.
    Who the fuck do you think you are to reject a girl? Look at the fucking rat face you have.
    Your friend gave you a chance out of pity, and you said no to run to the other whore.
    Fuck off, bastards like you are why guys and girls can't be friends.

0|0
    3|3
    • I may be a ratface, but that doesn't mean every girl is entitled to a "yes" from me.

• Show All
    • Being an unattractive human with a vagina that can’t get dick does not make you a “good girl”.

• @Opinion Owner, good morning!
      I've had a lovely night, thanks to to you :).

What Guys Said 12

• The only time that I ever rejected someone was due to not wanting long distance. She told me her feelings and I told her I couldn't as we lived too far away. At first she dropped all contact but now we are talking as friends. I've been rejected my whole life. I wish we would have lived closer. She might have been my first girlfriend.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yeah, although I usually don't like turning a girl down, I have done it because they were clearly not a potential girlfriend or I wasn't single.

0|1
    0|0
  • you do what u want to do; women will not submit to mans demand just because a man pressures her to. Good job!

0|1
    0|0
  • Various times. I just wasn't interested in the entire dating thing, can't be bothered. I think I'd reject most people now for the same reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of the time when I have rejected women it has been because I am already in a realtionship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wasn't total rejection
    I didn't reciprocate her interest with same energy or any energy at all

0|1
    0|0
  • I rejected my ex like 10 times. She was a bitch, she was.

0|1
    1|0
  • Nope, never.

0|1
    0|0
  • Many times, many reasons.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Multiple times. And I later regret it. lol

0|1
    0|0
  • No I've only ever been rejected

0|1
    0|0
  • Wanted to reject them, but never had the courage to do so.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes