Have you ever rejected someone?

Have you ever rejected someone?

And if yes, what were your reasons?
Ironically enough, in my case it happened with my female best friend.
Right after I had got together with my girlfriend, my female best friend came out that she liked me wasn't happy about me having a girlfriend.
I calmly told her I didn't return her feelings but wanted to remain friends, but she blew up to my face.
Subsequently I cut off with her.

What's your story? And what were your reasons?
Turns out I rubbed salt on someone's wounds.

814

Most Helpful Girl

• The guy had wasn't visibly flawed but he had a lot of annoying dispositions and I felt like he contributed nothing to society. He had a disability so could not work for a living unless it was a very simple job with part time hours but I think he could have done other things like read a book or volunteer or try to improve his English.

Most Helpful Guys

• I worked in a local psychiatric facility with a fairly young nurse. I'll call yer Eve. I was 27 years old and she was probably 35 and very attractive for her age. We worked a 3-11 pm shift. After work, several of us would go to a nearby lounge for a drink to unwind and socialize a bit before going home.

One night, Eve and I were the last of our group at the lounge. I walked her to her car, simply trying to be a gentleman. When we got to her car, she turned to me and started kissing me, telling me that she wanted me to take her back to my apartment. I said "no," because

1. she was married (and this is enough reason by itself, but also)
    2. I knew her husband (a local psychiatrist,) and he was a genuinely nice guy, and
    3. they had children at home.

I was VERY attracted to her and it was difficult to reject her advances, but I told her to go home and work on her marriage and we could act as if this event had never happened.

I recently googled her husband and discovered that they had moved to another state and were still married to each other. I know that I did the right thing and I hope that they resolved their problems and found happiness.

I have also said "thank you, you are a nice girl, but we are not right for each other: at the end of several first dates. I would not be doing anyone a favor by pretending to be attracted to them.

• That was a really good and thoughtful thing in your part, you behaved excellently if I may say.
      I really enjoyed reading this answer.

• Thanks. I have always looked back and knew that I did the right thing.

• Yeah, plenty of times. There were couple of reasons and sometimes a mix of them. The most common ones include
    Lack of my interest in her,
    Smoking/drinking/drugs,
    Her being too pushy and desperate,
    Me not being ready for a relationship,
    Trust issues,
    Drama, etc.