Has your taste in men/women changed as you got older?

Have you noticed at certain stages in your life that you liked a certain type. As you got older you even change from guys to girls or vise versa. What made you change your mind? Did you every change it back? What's your type now?

2531

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes but in a weird way because I thought I was asexual until I met my ex and discovered what I truly am attracted to. I have met a few men that I have found attractive over the last 2 years and I definitely have a type now. I guess I was always attracted to my type looking back, but I didn't know it. So yes what I find attractive has changed, but more just narrowing it down and discovering what I find romantically attractive vs aesthetically pleasing

As a kid, my favorite bands were weird goths who wore makeup and masks (like Slipknot, The Murderdolls, Wednesday 13, and Davey Suicide) because I was extremely drawn to their aesthetic. I spent hours watching videos and stalking (almost in a creepy way) them online. I even got to see them live and thought they were even more beautiful in person... but that's just it... I thought their aesthetic of dyed black hair and black lipstick and shitty eyeshadow was beautiful (in my own weird way)... but as an adult, I know I could never date someone like the rock stars I idolized as a child (even though they're awesome guys in real life too and gave me great feedback for my art)

So fast forward to now after I suddenly discovered romance and have had desperately terrible luck with it, I now know my type. Some things have changed and others haven't. One thing that might be confusing, so I'll clarify is that I do find women beautiful in an aesthetic way and i do find femine men to be beautiful, but I am 100% straight and only romantically attracted to masculine men (as in men who look male)

What has stayed the same:

I have always liked skinny, sometimes underweight guys. It is difficult for me to find average guys attractive unless they work out and keep in shape

I like guys who know who they are and have a distinct personality. Confidence has always been especially attractive to me

Hopeless romantics are my ideal partners because I fall very deeply for things and people I love, and need a man who is as hopelessly romantic as me as I am about him (but then it will be hopefully romantic)

Things that have changed:

Facial characteristics. As stated before, I thought I was romantically attracted to physical attributes that I found aesthetically appealing, but I really wasn't. So I used to think I was attracted to androgynous men with traditional feminine facial features such as thick lips, big eyes, and petite noses. I took a 180 from that and am now romantically attracted to men with thin lips, deep-sea eyes, and large, aquiline noses (yes I'm attracted to guys with big noses and I loved my ex's oversized shnauz). Now I do still think men with feminine facial features are beautiful and prefer them for artistic purposes, I am only romantically attracted to men with masculine facial features... and hands

Attitude. I used to think I wanted to be with a very outspoken, loud, pissed-off-at-the-world guy with tattoos and green hair (I actually met a guy with green hair I thought was kind of cute lol) but that was really just my teen angst getting the best of me. I'm glad I didn't date as a teen because I would've dated some shit guys. Now I prefer stoic men who have their shit together and can speak without saying a word or only a few

Family-oriented. I used to be with a guy who didn't care about his family, but that's just because my family was so awful that I didn't want either family getting in the way. Now I view a man with a stable family dynamic as attractive and an ideal father. A man who respects his mother and sisters will respect his wife. I just have to hope he'll understand my choice to cut my parents out of my life (because he wouldn't want to deal with that mother-in-law from hell)

I guess the overall stability of a man's personality, life, job, family, and financial situation have become more attractive to me over the years. But I think that just comes with maturity as I myself have become more stable over the last couple of years. I don't want to be Sid and Nancy anymore

• 7d

Great explanation. I appreciate all the details.

• 7d

@ForteExe

Yeah but my life has been interesting. I knew I wasn't ready to date in high school because I had too much crap to deal with at home with my parents. I didn't find guys romantically attractive because I didn't have the mental capacity to with all the rage and anger. I'm a much more relaxed person now, and actually give a shit about other people (if they deserve it). So I know the kind of guys I'm interested in and need to be in a relationship with now probably wouldn't have been interested in me as a teenager. I wasn't mentally healthy for a long time, and it took a lot to get where I am now

I've only had one boyfriend and I didn't meet him until I was 21. I definitely hit puberty at the normal age, but I never had crush until 21

But I'm in a good place now and I know what I need to be happy in life and a relationship. I need someone I can trust (unlike my ex) and respect and be compatible with romantically

• 7d

I hope you find your blue eyed hunk.

• When I was first into dating, (three years ago) I was into skinny guys.
    Now Im still young and I honestly know I have a long life ahead of me but for some reason guys with chub are attractive to me now. “Dad bod”
    But it’s just to show it can change anytime for anyone. It might even change in a few months or few years for me. Depends on a lot. (I’ve always liked gamer guys tho. And guys that are attention seeking) I don't know lmao

• 7d

Same! 😂😂 I dont do skinny anymore

• 7d

Too bony to cuddle with for me, but if I do fall for a skinny guy I fall for one. Just depends! 😂😊

• 7d

I'm glad you found out that bones dont keep you warm.

Most Helpful Guys

• Good question. Some things have changed and some have not:

Feminine 'girly girls' are nice, but I've always been primarily attracted to cute, well toned tomboys that like outdoor recreation. That hasn't changed.

What has changed is my increased attraction to curvy women. In the 70-80's society was intolerant of curvy/thick (obese) women. I turned down some really cute thick girls when I was young and I now regret it.
    Curvy girls have an easier time now, which is good.

Also, I now love hanging with girls my age. Many are in very very good shape and are easy to talk with. We have a lot in common generationally. Most have established family relationships and finances, so we're not struggling with those issues. They just want fun and companionship. And I'm consistently amazed with how wet and passionate a 64 woman can get.

• 7d

Sounds like you have a nice life. with wisdom to share that's something that more people need to do. share there wisdom with those younger then them.

• 6d

Thanks for the MHO. My only advice to young guys is to take care of your body, and take care of your money. Sixty years old may seem like eons away to you guys, but it's just around the corner. I'm having a damn good time in my sixties. Just hope I live long enough to enjoy some more hahaha!

• In my college years I liked party girls, girls that were always down to go out, drink, etc. I also was attracted to girls that I can only term as “bitches” (no offense intended), girls that liked drama and chaos. In hindsight, it seemed like whenever things were going smooth, they got bored and wanted to fight about something. It was emotionally exhausting. After about 5 years of that, and a few failed relationships, I realized that I wanted a “good girl.” What I mean by that is not that she’s boring or prude, but a girl who’s idea of a date isn’t “let’s go to the bar or club.” I absolutely cannot stand girls like that now. I didn’t find one immediately, but I was able to quickly sort out the “party bitches.” I love that my current girlfriend is fine with going out to eat or ordering take out and just hanging out. It’s perfect. Maybe the party girls matured too, but I look back on that time and I’m like “why did I ever date those girls in the first place?”

• 7d

I'm glad you found your special person. Your life with her sounds like a dream.

• 6d

You're welcome

• 6d

Yeah I hear you about the drama queens and party girls. After all that crazy shit I settled into dating STEM girls (mathematicians, engineers, chemists, etc). Most had a low body count, and when they said something, it was usually worth listening to. And Jesus, the pent up libido!