Is it a turnoff if your partner publicizes your relationship on social media?

Do you find it a turnoff when your partner posts lots of pictures and selfies of you guys hanging out together all on Facebook and Instagram? Or do you think it's cute?
  • Yes, it's a turnoff
    Vote A
  • No, it's cute
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It depends.. I don't think that the second you start dating you should update it on every social media. That just seems like narcissist behavior.
    But overtime, it will probably became natural to oust pictures with your bf/gf. After all, it is probably the person you spend most time with. So I think that's cute and totally normal to post couple pictures.
    Obviously people will realise you're in a relationship and you don't even need to post about it in your status.
    At that point if you decide to update your status, I'd think it's cute. After a while off being together, you know the relationship is real and you know you want to develop it further, and you are happy to share that with the world. Yea, it's cute

2|1
    0|0
  • This is probably going to be weird since I’m a woman, but it’s a turn off for me. I constantly see these “instagram couples” on my feed and i feel as if the relationship is rather forced and they’re just doing it “for the gram”. When I was in college i’d always see this girl posting everything her man would give for her and it just felt as if she was showing off and trying to make it seem like there was more than what there really was? I’m all for showing off my partner every once in a while, but all the time is a little weird for me. However it’s not my feed or my relationship, so I just let them do them. (:

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If it's excessive, then, yeah, it's a turn off. If it's moderate, that's fine.

Note that my minimal social media presence is almost exclusively for my business. I have no desire to keep up with any Kardashians, or anyone else, really, beyond the people I see in person.

1|2
    0|0
  • I’m not a fan of this... because if you two split.. EVERYONE and their dog knows you split. And now you’re the talk on the block. Better to take those pictures and share them amongst each other to cherish together and that’s it

6|3
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Idc tbh

1|0
    0|0
  • It just feels like he's bragging or looking for validation. I dont want private stuff to be public. No one cares we've been dating 3 weeks so dont rub it in their face. Plus it makes breakups even more awkward

0|6
    0|0
  • I voted that I think it's cute, but how he/she publicizes the relationship would change my answer. If my S/O posted on occasion or excited about the time we spend together, I would think it was cute. If they constantly posted stuff, I would question the relationship because it would feel like they were trying to "show off".

2|1
    0|0
  • I tend to find that the more public a relationship is the more likely it is to fail. Like if you are constantly posting cute photos together on social media, or kissing in front of people or bragging about things to friends.

1|2
    0|0
  • I think posting pictures after a vacation together or for anniversaries and important life moments is good but other than that it's obnoxious to me. My boyfriend is on my snapchat pretty often but I've only posted about him once on facebook and twice on Instagram (all three posts were after a vacation, and no sooner than 6 months into the relationship) and we've been together for a year in five days.

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess its cute and their way of showing you off or whatever but if it gets to the point where they over do it or share something way to personal like a photo in bed together with nothing but sheets on that's a bit much.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not that I think its cute, but it's something that I can live with or without. If my partner likes to show the world of our relationship, I'm fine with her doing that, if not, I'm cool with that as well.

1|1
    0|0
  • It depends on how much and what it is. Like if it's only sometimes and it just because they were happy and was to share that, it's fine. Otherwise, it is a turnoff for me

0|0
    0|0
  • If that's an turn off, you have too many turn offs.

3|3
    1|0
  • Look it all depends on you. if your anything like me witch I doubt you wouldn't mind at all if everyone knows your kinda like a freak but in a good way it's the excitement of people knowing... thats a turn on

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it. I'm not into advertising my personal life on social media because it causes too much drama.

0|2
    0|0
  • Without my consent, hell yes.

I told an ex of mine that I prefer he does not share my pictures with his classmates or friends. He did to a few guys, they shared with more guys and my selfies got viral among all of his classmates. I hated that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a major turn off. Since I am half of the partnership, I should be consulted, in which case I would say NO.
    Of course, this is hypothetical, as nothing of the sort has happened for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly think it’s cute. I have dated guys who won’t post anything and keep me their dirty little secret

1|2
    0|1
  • I don’t mind if my girlfriend posts lots of pics of us on social media. That type of stuff doesn’t bother me at all!

2|1
    1|0
  • Turnoff to the point of being a relationship dealbreaker.

1|2
    1|0
  • Pictures and stuff ehhh... updating their relationship status without my opinion or lovey posts when we aren’t serious is definitely a turnoff.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s mostly ok. Everything can get to much of course. But in general I think it’s fine to show your commitment, and make it public.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a private person so yeah it bothers me a bit. But I also don't like having my picture taken AT ALL, so to then have it posted online for the world... NOPE! lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely.
    I'm a very private person. Like I don't mind a single photo of us together or two but I definitely wouldn't want me entire relationship to be made public.

0|0
    0|1
  • If one is going to put it on social media, they should ask the other before they do it. It's good manners and shows respect for your partner.

1|2
    0|0
  • I like a guy to share pics of us every so often. :)

1|1
    0|0
  • Why are you in a relationship again, if you hate people knowing you’re in one? The person might be doing something sketchy like 3rd party hookups..

1|1
    1|0
  • Yes. No need to hide a relationship but I don't think my whole life is for the public. I'd rather tell people as it comes up or if they ask.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. I’d tell them to take that shit down immediately or we’re not together. And that’s not some empty threat. I will seriously leave you 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's a turnoff. I want my private life to stay private.

1|3
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say Turnoff per se, but I'd prefer to keep most of our relationship private. Because that's what it is. OUR relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s not if it’s on occasion. I hate those couples who post each other very often. Save the posts for special occasions lol

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't rlly care but if they were on social media all the time itd be annoying

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it. I think a couple of pictures every once in a while is ok, but when it's too much it's really annoying. I'm a private person, I prefer to keep things very low profile.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I find it super annoying when girls post selfies of themselves on social media, so I'd be really unimpressed if she felt the need to drag me into it.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as he/she asks my permission I’m okay with it. I also like to post some pics when I’m in a relationship. But I’ll keep posting the stuff I usually do as well

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Doesn't happen often to me but I hate it when people are that invested in online shit than the moment we're actually in.

0|0
    0|0
  • She does what she loves, if it makes her happy then I am happy too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, to me it smacks of desperation and need for validation.

Occasional posts about special occasions etc are fine

1|1
    1|0
  • No, I love it. It makes new feel good to know that she's wants people to know how happy we are together. Plus I'd rather not feel like our relationship is being kept secret.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's something I'm not a big fan, but it's not something with as big of an important to be a deal breaker, but it gives a kind o just for appearances kinda look

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, there is most certainly such a thing as sharing too much. lol However in general it sounds like something that I would find flattering.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it shows that he loves me and wants everyone to know that.

0|1
    0|1
  • Yeah kinda, I think it should be personal and intimate 🤷‍♀

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't exactly bother me, but it shouldn't be overdone.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a very private person.. If the person im with can't respect that than she is unworthy of me..

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't care, as long as she not lying about stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • it certainly is when i think it's not yet ready to be public.

0|1
    0|0
  • Im neutral towards it. I almost never use social media

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes there is no reason for it. Its immature to pull others in your drama.

1|0
    0|0
  • Turn off, I hate social media and publicizing anything about my life.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's awful and pointless so yes it be annoying and a huge turnoff.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I love him it's cute
    If I tolerate him it's a dealbreaker

0|0
    0|0
  • I kinda always want that relationship stay kinda hidden because lot of people too jealous and they would do anything to separate you and your partner

0|0
    1|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes