Is it a turnoff if your partner publicizes your relationship on social media?

Do you find it a turnoff when your partner posts lots of pictures and selfies of you guys hanging out together all on Facebook and Instagram? Or do you think it's cute?
  • Yes, it's a turnoff
  • No, it's cute

4550

Most Helpful Girls

• It depends.. I don't think that the second you start dating you should update it on every social media. That just seems like narcissist behavior.
    But overtime, it will probably became natural to oust pictures with your bf/gf. After all, it is probably the person you spend most time with. So I think that's cute and totally normal to post couple pictures.
    Obviously people will realise you're in a relationship and you don't even need to post about it in your status.
    At that point if you decide to update your status, I'd think it's cute. After a while off being together, you know the relationship is real and you know you want to develop it further, and you are happy to share that with the world. Yea, it's cute

• This is probably going to be weird since I’m a woman, but it’s a turn off for me. I constantly see these “instagram couples” on my feed and i feel as if the relationship is rather forced and they’re just doing it “for the gram”. When I was in college i’d always see this girl posting everything her man would give for her and it just felt as if she was showing off and trying to make it seem like there was more than what there really was? I’m all for showing off my partner every once in a while, but all the time is a little weird for me. However it’s not my feed or my relationship, so I just let them do them. (:

Most Helpful Guys

• If it's excessive, then, yeah, it's a turn off. If it's moderate, that's fine.

Note that my minimal social media presence is almost exclusively for my business. I have no desire to keep up with any Kardashians, or anyone else, really, beyond the people I see in person.

• I’m not a fan of this... because if you two split.. EVERYONE and their dog knows you split. And now you’re the talk on the block. Better to take those pictures and share them amongst each other to cherish together and that’s it