Sex or romance; which is more important for a relationship?

Sex or romance; which is more important for a relationship?
  • Sex or romance; which is more important for a relationship?Sex
    Vote A
  • Sex or romance; which is more important for a relationship?Romance
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a hopeless romantic at heart... A good relationship needs romance and a touch of passion, the sex may be fabulous; but I honestly believe that love and affection and the journey of romance are far more important in a relationship than just sex on its own.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I can live without romance, I cannot live without sex.
    You can love someone without romance, but you can't have love without sex (Unless you're asexual), In my own opinion

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In reality you can't enjoy sex without romance

0|0
    0|0
  • Voted "Sex," but that needs a VERY important qualification. Specifically, that you need both for a relationship to work. However, you can have a relationship with only romance, but you need sex to make that relationship something unique and special.

There are a million little things that I do to show my girlfriend that I love her - and she for me. However, there is nothing that replaces that closeness, the warmth and that I need.

The relationship takes on a whole different dimension when I can share my naked body with my girlfriend and give myself to her. Frankly, there is nothing more reassuring to me - that makes me feel loved and wanted - then when my girlfriend gives her body to me.

Make no mistake, there is for me definitely and animal and instinctive element to sex. It is not the most spiritually elevating part of our relationship, but it reaches to the core of who we both are. It is like when we are having sex that the whole universe shrinks down to just the two of us and nothing else matters.

Frankly, I consider myself a writer and yet I feel like I am lousy when I try to describe all of this. I don't deny the importance of - and would not want to be without - the romance. (The funny part being, that even with romance there has to be something both emotional and intellectual. Flowers are just flowers and a candlelit table is just a table unless we attach meaning to them.)

For all that, I love my girlfriend with all my heart and if we could never have sex again, I could live with that, but I could never live without her. However, the sex gives our love an elemental, raw and primal concreteness.

When my girlfriend and I share each other we are all that we are, and are seeing each other as all that we are. We are naked and vulnerable and instinctive and raw and passionate and most in need of each other because we are accepting each other in that rawness.

So, in a very quirky way - and probably not in the way you meant it - I voted for sex. Yes, I could live without it - but that does not make it less important and central to the love my girlfriend and I share.

2|0
    0|0
  • Chemistry is very important, and so are other factors. I'd say even attraction plays a vital role in dating, sex is a biological need. There's nothing wrong with fulfilling it, but mutual faith and understanding are the pillars of a relationship.

Line between romance and sex isn't thick enough for some people. Here, the word "intimacy" gives sex a "meaning".

Remember, a romantic relationship can survive without sex but there'd be no relationship without romance.

2|0
    0|1
  • Marriage is unconditional not love. When you marry it is for life, no matter what life gives; sickness, health, poverty, wealth, joy or sorrow. No matter what you are committed to each other. There is no excuse for dissolving this union of too people. This takes commitment, you are both committed to make the marriage work at all times in all ages. Looks change, sex changes, but commitment last for a lifetime.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would have voted romance, but if sex is bad, romance isn't gonna save us from frustration. So probablys sex.

1|2
    0|0
  • Probably love and mutual respect are more important. But I think sex is important also for sure. It's like the icing on the cake... LOL

2|1
    0|0
  • If all you want is sex, better of having a fuck buddy. A relationship needs romance among other things to thrive.

1|0
    0|1
  • I'd say 'chemistry'. Just being able to get along with your partner will result in romance and sex both can agree on.

4|1
    0|0
  • Chemistry. I'm not a fan of romance or sex. Lol but I think chemistry between two people leads to a beautiful relationship.

2|0
    0|0
  • I believe it has to be a little bit of both - but thats just for me personally.
    Yes i like romance and all, but if thats all I am getting then the relationship just isn't going to work
    Just like if it was just sex. We might as well just be in a no string attached friends with benefits instead of a exclusive relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they are equally important, as both need to be healthy for it to work. And sex isn’t only penetration...

4|1
    0|0
  • A real connection resulting in the perfect balance of sex and romance.

1|2
    0|0
  • Both, romance without sex won't lead to no where and sex without romance makes you feel empty like an animal... they both work together to give you the ultimate feeling 🙂

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like if you both have real love for each other then the sex will be a more intimate experience

0|1
    0|0
  • They are both important but I feel like connection is the most important. Do you connect with the other person? Does it feel right? If so, I’m staying even if the sex sucks.

1|0
    0|0
  • Romance always comes first
    Sex comes to strengthen that romance much later into the relationship

Early sex kills everything when it's done early

0|1
    0|0
  • Romantically making love, make up sex, I was just horny sex and all types of intercourse are deemed important in a relationship to keep it alive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance of course. Sex is nice but it doesn't last.

1|1
    0|0
  • These are only two variables in a very complex equation.

1|0
    0|0
  • without either of those, the relationship will fail. so debating what is "more important" is pointless.

0|0
    0|0
  • sex is only matrial part can be done with anyone but romance can't be faked

1|1
    0|0
  • I would say romance and affection does much more for a relationship than sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what the foundation of that particular relationship was based upon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance, passion and affection means love I suppose and love is the first thing that matters in a relationship...
    What you do with it comes after

0|0
    0|0
    • Being intimate does matter very much tho, sex or not...
      It connects between us..

• Without romance there pretty much is no valued sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither because It takes more than sex and romance to keep a relationship going.

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance is lust and a lure used by guys who are beta type personality.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both nice to have romance before the
    The Love Making

0|0
    0|0
  • Both dies with time then there is only trust and communication left for relationship to work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance can be very good for sex its like icing on a cake

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d say both would be true for me

1|1
    0|0
  • Romance because anyone can have sex

1|1
    0|1
    • Ah but if the sex is bad or nonexistent the romance will surely die...

• Romance and sex come later

2|0
    0|0
  • Romance because it would eventually lead to sex

1|0
    0|0
  • Both are important

1|0
    0|0
  • Romance for me! :)

1|0
    0|0
  • a platinum Amex

0|2
    0|0
  • Romance

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance makes everything beautiful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both

1|0
    0|0
  • There is a lot more in life than sex and romance

1|0
    0|0
  • Both but the sex has to stay hot and kinky

2|0
    0|1
  • Romance is more important

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance

0|0
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance without sex is pale. Romance and sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • All is together, all is one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Money

0|1
    0|0
  • Romance

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance 100%