If your significant other had a dating app on their phone, would it bother you?

I found a dating app on my boyfriend's phone. He tells me it's nothing and he has to pay to even talk to girls, and he hasn't paid. But it buggs me. It really bothers me. What should I do? I've confronted him twice and the second time he got mad at me. I don't know what to do.
  • Yes
  • No
I should have included this info in my initial post but... He was the one who brought up the app. He jokingly brought up that he has this dating app on his phone. I wasn't sure why but he did and when he found out that it bothers me, he offered to delete it. But I said no, because I didn't want him to do something that he didn't want to do on his own free will. If he were to delete it, I wanted him to do it because he wanted to...
5d
We had a very long talk and fought about this for weeks. He says it wouldn't bother him if I had a dating app so if I'm not okay with it, it means I don't trust him as he does with me. At the end, I guess he understood why I wanted it gone. So he deleted it. Thanks guys.

1825

Most Helpful Girls

• I voted A but If something really bothers you, and he offers to rectify it, why fight that and choose to be continually bothered by it?
    I can see why he would get mad if you bring it up after he said he’d delete.

• That is true... I should have been honest... I wanted him to do it for me and not do it because he was told to do so.

• Regardless of who’s idea it was to delete, if he’s willing, you can put it in the past and resume your relationship.

• It’s either you or the app. So he either deletes it or your delete him.

• He did offer to delete it. But I told him I don't want him to do anything he doesn't want to do.

• Yes, you are right... but apparently his friends who are in relationships have dating apps on their phones. And apparently because he can't use the app, it makes it okay for him to have it...

• I had a pretty big freak out about a week ago and we haven't seen each other since so he might have already deleted it...

Most Helpful Guy

• Your first mistake was refusing his offer to delete it.

• 7d

Now he thinks it’s okay and might use it (he is already using it to cheat on u)

• 7d

He use it to say "but you said you were fine with it"