Why do so many cheat when it's more beneficial to stay single and mingle without the web of deception and lies?

People use a ton of excuses to try validating their cheating ways. Revenge, because their girlfriend or boyfriend cheated on them. They were pissed off and angry at their partner for lack of attention. They're addicted to sex is a bit of a stretch and a unforgivable stretch at that. But the two most often used excuses are as follows... 1. I thought they cheated or messed around on meme... Because, because, because. (Because is a filler for whatever excuse they decide to use) 2. I had too much to drink, I didn't know what I was doing, it was the alcohol. Isn't it better to just remain single if you want to play the field and be nasty. Isn't it smarter and more considerate to live your truth instead of misleading and lying to another by playing with their emotions and heart. Is it not better to be the man or woman you're supposed to be instead of lying like a child about your activities and whereabouts like a child?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It is a combination of security and thrill. We all want security and people to share our lives with, but we also love being adventurous and seeking thrills.

In a secure relationship you have someone who will hopefully listen to you, support you and be your equal in every way a relationship should be with stability and security with a roof over your head and dependency. What this does is promote routine and long haul which becomes too boring for others. People want to break routine to experience change and fun.

Thrills and adventure with a side piece keeps things fun and interesting and offers an escape from routine a secure and easy table relationship brings. At the end of the day for people who see this it is no strings and commitment, although it could be if they go through so much work to keep it secret. Anyway, it offers the escape like I mentioned with no commitment, but when it's done they can then go home to their ideal partner with no belief of consequences and have that secure lifestyle that they otherwise wouldn't have if they were only single.

It's messed up and perverse, but really a shame since you would imagine the in the perfect world that the stable relationship can communicate enough to keep things fun to prevent that from happening, but that's just the way I see it.

1|0
    0|0
  • When you stay single and fuck around, you get the sex and that thrill, but you don't get the perks and the emotional benefits of being in a relationship. Cheaters want to have both. They know cheating is wrong, hence the retarded excuses, but they still do it because they want to have the cake and eat it too.

1|1
    0|0
    • I agree, however I personally
      believe it has more to do with
      catering to their egos.

• That too. I think it's a combination. But there's also really insecure people, with little ego, that will cheat.
      Feeling wanted plays a factor too.

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of the so called idea is they like the routine with their current partner, just not the sex. They like having dinner cooked or whatever.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Wanting to be in a relationship and have a family but also wanting more sexual partners.

Frankly, I wish more people would admit they are essentially polyamourous by nature and the do it ethically.

2|1
    0|2
    • We knew we were polygamous so we just changed our lifestyle. It’s better to tell and agree on it rather then doing in secret

• @Kelly6 yep. There you go.

• Okay let's be clear when you are drunk you can't consent so I don't really know about that one... but I feel where you're coming from, if you didn't want to settle down or you weren't sure you wanted to be in a relationship why the fuck would you get into one knowing there's a possibility of cheating! Just ignorant and inconsiderate!

0|0
    0|1
    • See that’s were things are messed up how can a drink man or women consent to something and then you blame the guy later for rapping you but you said yes at the time. Also when your drink sometimes you still know what your doing. Women tend to regret one night stands then later say it was rape.

Also cheating just doesn’t happen it’s wrong yes but sometimes it causes by neglect and being pushed away and feeling unloved when your still in love with the person.

• @massb i don't get the first part

• You said when your drunk you can’t consent so why is it a mans responsibility to say whether or not that it’s okay to have sex with the woman. If she says yes he’s gonna do it , women just regret having sex with someone then pin rape on them. And if it’s rape then why go to the room with him.

But what about the second part?

• Maybe because people who don't really like the idea of monogamy "settled" by pairing up with someone who does, because they didn't want to be alone?

0|0
    1|0
  • They love the girl but they lack sex, so they look somewhere else.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I would cheat. It would to fulfill my weirld sexual needs that I can't get at home.

0|0
    1|0
  • the human race likes sin

just pay attention
    they enjoy doing bad things

0|1
    0|0
  • They want to have their cake and eat it too.

0|3
    0|0
    • So that boils down to what in your eyes?

• Show All
    • That can be true for a guy. Guys always seek validation. Girls seek emotional security, so they cheat.

• Some, I wouldn't group all guys and girls under the same umbrella. I personally know
      a lot of independent, single
      women that are dancers and
      majority of them are as void
      of emotional attachment as
      any group in a football locker
      room. 😂

• One girl is boring. I’d rather juggle a few

0|0
    1|1
  • Because cheating is fun

0|0
    1|1
  • I m still single

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people just enjoy it that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the biological imperative. Lying leads to more resources, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who's else is gonna cook and do my laundry while I'm with other girls🤷‍♂️

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes