Why do so many cheat when it's more beneficial to stay single and mingle without the web of deception and lies?

People use a ton of excuses to try validating their cheating ways. Revenge, because their girlfriend or boyfriend cheated on them. They were pissed off and angry at their partner for lack of attention. They're addicted to sex is a bit of a stretch and a unforgivable stretch at that. But the two most often used excuses are as follows... 1. I thought they cheated or messed around on meme... Because, because, because. (Because is a filler for whatever excuse they decide to use) 2. I had too much to drink, I didn't know what I was doing, it was the alcohol. Isn't it better to just remain single if you want to play the field and be nasty. Isn't it smarter and more considerate to live your truth instead of misleading and lying to another by playing with their emotions and heart. Is it not better to be the man or woman you're supposed to be instead of lying like a child about your activities and whereabouts like a child?

511

Most Helpful Guys

• It is a combination of security and thrill. We all want security and people to share our lives with, but we also love being adventurous and seeking thrills.

In a secure relationship you have someone who will hopefully listen to you, support you and be your equal in every way a relationship should be with stability and security with a roof over your head and dependency. What this does is promote routine and long haul which becomes too boring for others. People want to break routine to experience change and fun.

Thrills and adventure with a side piece keeps things fun and interesting and offers an escape from routine a secure and easy table relationship brings. At the end of the day for people who see this it is no strings and commitment, although it could be if they go through so much work to keep it secret. Anyway, it offers the escape like I mentioned with no commitment, but when it's done they can then go home to their ideal partner with no belief of consequences and have that secure lifestyle that they otherwise wouldn't have if they were only single.

It's messed up and perverse, but really a shame since you would imagine the in the perfect world that the stable relationship can communicate enough to keep things fun to prevent that from happening, but that's just the way I see it.

• When you stay single and fuck around, you get the sex and that thrill, but you don't get the perks and the emotional benefits of being in a relationship. Cheaters want to have both. They know cheating is wrong, hence the retarded excuses, but they still do it because they want to have the cake and eat it too.

• I agree, however I personally
      believe it has more to do with
      catering to their egos.

• That too. I think it's a combination. But there's also really insecure people, with little ego, that will cheat.
      Feeling wanted plays a factor too.

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of the so called idea is they like the routine with their current partner, just not the sex. They like having dinner cooked or whatever.