Would you hand over your cell phone to your partner to just browse through at random?

Not that I have anything to hide necessarily, but why should I ever allow anyone to browse through my phone? It is private stuff. Things that I don't share with anyone are on there. Maybe even a photo or two that would need to be explained. By not sharing I have to explain nothing. I personally would not ask her for her phone for that reason. Why is this so important to some people? Would you hand your phone over right now? Am I the only one who wouldn't and not for any horrible reason?
I think I kept it private for so long I feel like it is my right to keep it that way. I am not doing anything wrong and I just want to feel trusted rather than feeling like I have to prove it.

2624

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I’m not hiding anything, but I still want to have some privacy.
    I would never expect him to let me go through his phone. And I wouldn’t want to. I trust him enough to not have to snoop through it, and I hope it’s the same for him.

• Thanks, Julie. This is my point exactly.

• I trust my girlfriend and i don't need to snoop to prove it to myself and I would hope that trust means I don't surrender my personal thoughts at the whim of someone who might use it against me in an upcoming argument. It is not a matter of hiding. It is a matter of respecting privacy.