Can you forgive someone who betrayed you?

Can you forgive her if you value her?

Can you forgive someone who betrayed you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Of course! Now logically I know this style of thinking isn't for all personality types. but when I truly love a person, which I did/do/have once like I loved this one girl, I find a reason to try to believe that the betrayal isn't personal, isn't outright malicious, wasn't intentional, or can be forgiven because the kind of love I had for that kind of partner/person is on a level of unconditional.

So I believe in trying to get past my feelings of feeling broken, betrayed, or deeply wounded to try and repair or mend some level of the bond that was ONCE there to keep a person I truly value in my life. It isn't easy by any means, requires a lot of inner thinking, not wanting to outright think the worst possible outcome when you're uncertain of future behavior or actions... but it can be done. And it's what I TRY to do.

Can you forgive someone who betrayed you?Can you forgive someone who betrayed you?

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would not forgive a girl that betrayed me and I wouldn't value her anymore. Betrayal means it was something serious and relationship ending. I would find a new girl. I give no second chances to someone that betrays me even if I previously loved them because I'm not weak or a pushover.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I have and I would but it depends on what they did.

As an example - I forgave a female satanist who cursed me with witchcraft

I did not forgive the guy from church who judged me for holding a grudge towards those who had abused me for 11 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in any way. It not only changes the rules of the game, but the game itself. It will NEVER be the same again. Partner late home? Where are they? Who are they with? What are they doing? Questions that will turn your life upside down every time!

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No I don't think you can truly go back to the way you were

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the severity of what happened but in a broad general term of something I would consider to be betrayal to me no I wouldn't.
    I don't trust or care easily it take a lot to get that from me & if you can purposely break that it would destroy me. But for me it would take a lot to push me to the point of that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Trust from me is hard to come by. This is because of experiences with paranoia/psychosis and a complete lack of trust in my caregivers during my youth.

It feels safer to rely on people's past behavior as a predictor for their future behavior. People rarely change. If she betrayed me once, she will do it again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would forgive a girl that cheated on me only if there was still love between us. If she wanted to move on I would let her but I'd have to see some willingness to stop

0|0
    0|1
  • No. It's happened to me a couple times. There will be no forgiveness. I'm a very devoted and loyal person so if someone doesn't show those same commitments then I'm done with you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what path and roads we have taken. To learn as we grow. And if we ever meet again. Wanting peace. Yes, we can forgive.

1|0
    0|1
  • Here it depends, what it was about. Betrayal is bad and I do not support such practices, so I will never forgive a traitor.

0|0
    0|0
  • What value would remind in someone that betrays you?

The person already lost his/her whole value overall. There would be nothing left in me to love or even like about them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Not a chance.

But you can only be betrayed if you trust, and I know better than to ever trust a woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Betrayed on what way? Went against me while playing a game of Sorry? lol Wouldn't trade with me while playing Monopoly?

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because if they betrayed me once, there's no reason to think they won't do it again at the first opportunity.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can, i've done it. You need to talk, openly and honestly, there's always reasons.

0|1
    0|0
  • As other friends said, I may forgive him/her, but it's really difficult to forget it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way. Trust is like a paper once crumpled it will never be perfectly straight again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. they doesn't know better.

Still gonna be consequences.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the betrayal. I don't give chances much.

0|0
    0|0
  • When it comes to the persons that I have in mind when reading this the answer is never.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I can because that's what true love friendship and respect is all about in any relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Forgive? Maybe
    Forget? Neva

0|0
    0|0
  • I might forgive but will never stay with her...

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what she did and why she did it

0|0
    0|0
  • No way Back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope! They'll be out of my life forever.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll forgive but I'll NEVER FORGET!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Like if she cheated on me?

0|0
    0|0
  • Surely you don't value someone that betrayed you?

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the circumstances.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. I blacklist all traitors permanently.

0|0
    0|0
  • forgive, yeah. forget, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Forgive: Sure
    Forget: Not a chance

0|0
    0|0
  • No I just can't.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, never. People never change, not really

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont forgive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not me... I just can't

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes if she really regrets it

0|0
    0|0
  • Can you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what they did.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will, if she's truly sorry.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't trust for forgive anyone anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • no never

0|0
    0|0
  • Forgive but never forget

0|0
    0|0
  • My first love and now ex have been desperate for almost a year now and I feel like even though she put me through a lot of pain I still forgive her and I have never spoken bad about her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Forgive? Eventually. Trust? Never.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes