What's with the Valentine's day obsession?

I see a lot of adults yes ADULTS saying ,"boo hoo I have no valentine. whose gonna be my valentine?" I mean come on grow up. This is stuff kids do in grade school.What's with the Valentine's day obsession?
  • I have no clue , its a day like any other day
  • I'm going to be alone and I hate it!

413

Most Helpful Guys

• You want to talk about corporations taking advantage of people's emotions for love and using this day to push a large commercial scheme for profit? What makes Valentine's Day any different from the rest of the year besides exclusive gifts for this particular day is beyond me. Valentine's Day is like a giant banner, reminding people how lucky they are to be in a relationship, encouraging them to buy gifts to show their affection to their partner or showing how crappy you are if you haven't found a relationship/lover yet, pushing you to find someone then buy gifts for them for the same purpose.

If people realized how to get over their insecurities of loneliness if they are single, this day wouldn't affect them as much! It does get annoying when people, especially adults constantly complain about being single, not being able to find a lover and such like children. You'll find love eventually if you're patient enough; don't let a holiday like this one affect your mood! It's refreshing to know there are people out there who realize what Valentine's Day is capable of and how to avoid the drama of it.

• Nothing like a required love day which can remind us of what we don't have! Just wait til all your paired up friends post their stuff on FB!:) Was ok as a kid when I got a surprise card!

Interesting if this is true, A Valentine died fighting to marry people, now people are dying to stay out of marriage...
    www.history.com/.../st-valentine-beheaded

Most Helpful Girl

• THANK YOU! For most of us adults, it's just another day of work or going to school!

I think some people are so insecure being alone or single, having a day that celebrates couples, just reminds them of how alone they are... pathetic really. If you're single the other 364 days of the year, why is Valentine's day any different?