Good sex makes a bad relationship last longer than it should, true or false?

Good sex makes a bad relationship last longer than it should, true or false?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• It does not have to be. It all depends on where you set your priorities in a relation.

I, for instance, place sex way behind intellectual priorities. Therefore, bad sex will by far not influence my relationship as much as intellectual compatibility.

If our mutual intellectual attractiveness diminishes to a point where it makes no sense to stay together, then the best sex in the world will not change anything and certainly not make my relationship last longer.

On the contrary! I will think that he is trying to compensate his or my failing intellectual interest with sex which to me, is a sign of a declining mutual attractiveness and high time for me to sever the relation.

1|0
    0|0
  • False. There is no such thing as good or bad sex. Sex doesn't make a relationship, it makes a marriage. Commitment, love, loyalty, and dedication makes a good relationship. A bad relationship will always be bad. There are reasons why people are not meant for certain people. If the couple is only in it for the sex, then the relationship is just about sex. It doesn't mean it will last. They're just holding onto straws knowing it will fall apart at some point. In other words, a means to an inevitable end.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• That can definitely be the case, often though a bad relationship is bad end of but in cases where it's good to start with and then goes bad one can opt to stay with the other because the sex is good and hope that the shit things improve over time and here I'm talking about behaviour arguments etc, there's plenty of advice columns filled with just that question as well as plenty of couples psychological study that's gone into understanding this phenomenon in some cases the relationship has improved but mostly not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t believe so, regardless of Cardi B’s futile words. 🤣
    However foolish, poor choices make bad relationships
    continue. People will still be a couple and cheating,
    siting the children as a reason to stay together.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Oh yeah it does... most guys will tolerate WAY more crap from a woman if she is giving him mind melting sex frequently.

2|0
    1|0
  • False , if its a bad relationship then their wouldn't be sex at all , every realtionship has some arguing and fighting and if the make up sex is Amazing then thats a good relationship to me lol

2|0
    1|0
  • Good sex is hard to come by, and sometimes people mistake post-sex dopamine for love.

1|0
    0|0
  • It can.

However, not nearly as much as the fear of being alone.

2|0
    0|0
  • Very true.
    It can be the one and only thing that works in a relationship to keep it going.
    Who doesn’t want to have good sex.

1|0
    1|0
  • False, there is a lot more to a relationship than sex, infact i can sacrifice sex for a good relationship

2|0
    0|0
  • no it just depends on 1s self esteem it you have great self esteem you won't put up with some 1 who doesn't treat you well

1|1
    0|0
  • It's true for some, and false for others. I think age has a lot to do with it.

2|0
    0|0
  • True. A lot of people will stay in a bad relationship because of the sex.

2|0
    1|0
  • False sex is not love unless both are blessing each other

1|0
    0|0
  • for some things, that's possible. because great sex gives an impression that is hard to forget

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, sometimes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sadly. It's true.

1|0
    1|0
  • It does if the relationship is based on sex.

1|0
    0|0
  • So true... Horrible days and 🔥 nights

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes that can be true.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah true

1|0
    1|0
  • Can be true in some situations.

1|0
    0|0
  • very true

1|0
    1|0
  • I believe so.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely true.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ugh... all too true.

1|0
    0|0
  • na good sex is just good sex.

1|0
    0|0
  • True

1|0
    1|0
  • Only if both partners are retarded

1|0
    0|0
  • True, in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • Helplessly very true

1|0
    1|0
  • Bad relationships make bad sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad relationship won't have any sex.

0|0
    2|0
  • It can be true to a degree, but likely not much longer, more short term convenience.

1|0
    0|0
  • True, coming from experience.

1|0
    0|0
  • Very true

2|0
    1|0
  • From a male perspective if the sex is good it is by definition a good relationship. It's women who give a shit about the insipid emotional crap.

0|0
    1|0
  • True. I used to date a complete bastard. I remember him beating up a guy friend who was talking with me at a party, I was real mad at him and told him so. He stormed off and came back 5 minutes later revving his car. He demanded I get my fat ass in the car, I apologised to my friend and left with him. Even though we were fighting still we had the most amazing sex in his car. I admit when I saw him beating up my friend I got so turned on. There was always drama with him and I fed on it.
    I'm older and a little bit more mature now and with a great guy, the sex may not be as good but at least I know where I am with him.

1|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes