Good sex makes a bad relationship last longer than it should, true or false?

1325

Most Helpful Girls

• It does not have to be. It all depends on where you set your priorities in a relation.

I, for instance, place sex way behind intellectual priorities. Therefore, bad sex will by far not influence my relationship as much as intellectual compatibility.

If our mutual intellectual attractiveness diminishes to a point where it makes no sense to stay together, then the best sex in the world will not change anything and certainly not make my relationship last longer.

On the contrary! I will think that he is trying to compensate his or my failing intellectual interest with sex which to me, is a sign of a declining mutual attractiveness and high time for me to sever the relation.

• False. There is no such thing as good or bad sex. Sex doesn't make a relationship, it makes a marriage. Commitment, love, loyalty, and dedication makes a good relationship. A bad relationship will always be bad. There are reasons why people are not meant for certain people. If the couple is only in it for the sex, then the relationship is just about sex. It doesn't mean it will last. They're just holding onto straws knowing it will fall apart at some point. In other words, a means to an inevitable end.

Most Helpful Guys

• That can definitely be the case, often though a bad relationship is bad end of but in cases where it's good to start with and then goes bad one can opt to stay with the other because the sex is good and hope that the shit things improve over time and here I'm talking about behaviour arguments etc, there's plenty of advice columns filled with just that question as well as plenty of couples psychological study that's gone into understanding this phenomenon in some cases the relationship has improved but mostly not.

• I don’t believe so, regardless of Cardi B’s futile words. 🤣
    However foolish, poor choices make bad relationships
    continue. People will still be a couple and cheating,
    siting the children as a reason to stay together.