Do you feel better when you speak to someone about your personal problems?

Do you feel better when you speak to someone about your personal problems?
  • Yeah
    Vote A
  • No..
    Vote B
  • Something else
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Kind of but because 90% of the time I won't open up about the worst things, I prefer to depend on the jokes and happy company of my friends around me while I manage my own emotional issues on my own.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Usually I do. But the journey to actually telling someone how I feel, is very long. I don't usually share my feelings. I'm scared of them using it against me. Has happened to me previously so you know why I'm cautious.
    I don't want to give peopp

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on what it is and who is it being told to. I don't like sharing my personal problems to just anybody, because sadly I constantly have my trust being broken by others gossiping my business. And at the same time, you also have people who likes to put in their own two cents without you even asking for it. It's worse when they're advice or opinion is irrational or illogical.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if I feel better but when something bothers me I usually have a desire to talk about it but it depends what the problem is too because I will talk about my problems if I'm angry about something but if I am lonely or sad or embarrassed - it is something I don't have a desire or need to share it with somebody else.

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel better when I talk, and they listen, understand, and give thoughtful advice. I don't feel better if they try to ignore my problem or my feelings, or worse say my problems aren't problems or that I should be grateful because there are people who have it worse than me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've always found I'm my own best therapist. However, I'm an open book. I freely talk about my life if the situation arises because it's easier to work through things mentally with a board to bounce off of. It's not about feeling better, it's about cognitively dealing

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really
    I'm more of a "I'll just deal with it" kind of guy.
    Which I guess is most guys

I do have someone to talk to but she's not always available to talk in length, or she's dealing with her own shit, or it just doesn't occur to me to talk to anyone.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't. Most people say they're supportive and you can talk to them, but when you do, they don't know what to do or say. Makes everything awkward.

1|2
    0|0
  • I think often when you're worried you make the situation seem worse in your head but if you talk about it and say it out load it's not always as bad as you've made it to be. Plus the other person can offer advice and help

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's good to vent and I usually do feel much better. Depends on what it is though, some things are my concerns alone.

0|1
    0|0
  • People like to share their problems. It help them to think about the problem and slows the thought process down when you have to talk about it. This is much better than the 100 mph (or kph) that your mind goes when you just think about a problem.

0|1
    0|0
  • I certainly do.
    I spent many years supressing things, not talking to anyone. Was after seeing shrink that i realised it was healthier to share

0|1
    0|0
  • Generally depends on the person but just letting it out helps... if they can offer a different perspective in addition to the emotional support - even better!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I feel free and relief when I tell my problems to someone who can be trusted since they'd give me adveice or comfort me

0|1
    0|0
  • It always feels better to talk and open up rather than keep things bottled up

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah. I don’t talk about my problèmes, because 80% won’t care about it and 20% will be happy that I have them.

0|1
    0|0
    • Sounds like you shared your thoughts with low-empathy people only.

• Sometimes it can be cathartic, so yes. Usually in the form of venting bouncing thought off of another kind of thing. Like I said, cathartic.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, a lot. I'd only talk to a close friend about these things though.

0|1
    0|0
  • No i always feel worse. Almost like it confirms that I have these problems and its harder for me to ignore them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. That's why I am in Therapy. To not swallow it up and getting sick again. Instead I tell about my problems, seek for solutions and revolve them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel a lot better if I share it with someone instead of holding it in... if I held it in it would = STRESS, not good

0|1
    0|0
  • Always, is like taking some weigh out of the shoulders

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I can't do anything about them so why bother talking about them?

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes it helps, sometimes it just makes it worst depending on the feedback I receive.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never used to but lately I somehow get the urge to and it actually helps.

0|1
    0|0
  • No it makes me nervous

0|1
    0|0
  • Very rarely.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the someone and the problem

0|1
    0|0
  • yes...

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really

0|1
    0|0
  • I really don't have any personal problems.

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, usually.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. Are they supportive or do they belittle my problems?

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually I do. Sometimes I don't depending on the topic, but I'm a gemini so I need to get most things out of my system.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes