Someone F'd you over good, so you do what?

Forgiveness is one of the most powerful of things. But it is oh so not easy to come to grips with. Where does one draw the strength from to forgive? How does it feel to forgive, or not to forgive?

you feel so small, because you are powerless in the system it seems

People can hurt each other easily, for selfish reasons and their own wounds. Like:
MotherF@#er raped you in college, and you lost 15 years of your life.
Your boss totally F'd you... on purpose (they do that)! You lose... job, retirement, house, maybe family.
The guy/girl you loved... they hurt you terribly, totally F'd your life! F'in hell man!
The Govt official screwed you bad and laughed about it on the news, and you lost your business! You went bankrupt!
In essence, these are all corruptions of power, selfishness, and lack of love! Ok!!!

Oh but that Universe... by twist of fate years later, you have power over their offspring! OOOOO
Maybe you are the Sargent in the Army commanding them, and you have to pick someone for the dangerous front position? Tempting..
Or you are the boss, and you can make this subordinate suffer! No consequences, at least earlth
Or you see them in a dangerous place... like trapped in a car on side of the road, ready to catch fire. They are gonna die, unless you interject to help call for help... else they die! Nobody would know though if you drive on...

Dig deep... how do you respond? You're options:

A) F! ck em over, that's life bi#ch! (Explain how this would feel). Is there a better way?
B) Ignore your feelings.
C) Forgive: Engage with them, explain what happened that they deeply hurt you, and that you will treat them the same as anyone else. Explain how you'd feel and where you get the strength.
D) Other
  • F'ck em over!
  • Ignore
  • Forgive, be up front, help
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
  • Lets see if we've evolved as a race, show results
    Vote E
6d
My inspiration on this was a female boss who gaslighted me and did a number on me when I was already down... this after years of dedication to the company. She was new.
I battle with the feeling and put it back in place, but it's not easy sometimes. We're all human.

1016