What is the secret to a successful long distance relationship?

1635

1635
  • You both should love each other without season and never doubt your love

• Lots of communication and setting boundaries that you're both comfortable with.

• communication and consistency

• Setting a concrete goal on meeting each other physically in a certain time period and setting a final objective on living together, is what motivates both parties to make things work out.

It is that we envisage the fruitful result give us hope and faith to wait for the long struggle.

• - trust
    - communication
    - don't beat around the bush when facing issues and problems between each other
    - being able to have an argument ("fight")
    - being able to make up
    - always be challenging somehow for each other.

• Fuck if I know. I can't even get a close range relationship to work.

• only people over the age of 45 who've had 10yr plus relationships can answer.
    unfortunately, there are non out here... lol:)!

By observation: Trust, laugh together or find humor, communication is good, when stressed they go towards each other or respect each other, they meet each others love needs, sex works good enough, compatible in environment (again low stress), high fun. willing to work on challenges. they work on themselves and keep growing, ideally together.

• 1. Trust!
    2. Video call, text, talk
    3. Write letters *old fashioned*
    4. Spend a week or two together
    5. Send each other photos
    6. Sexting!
    7. Write long goodmorning/ night texts
    8. Ask them how their day was, text when on break, even if it’s just “I’m on break baby, I’ll talk to you until I go back” or “sorry babe, I’m talking to family” or “sorry babe I’m working I’ll talk to you when I’m off work or on break”
    Never doubt your relationship! Make time for each other

• My answer might be different but yes MONEY. You need to visit each other at least a few times before closing the distance and decide to migrate.

• Simply said, communication.
    Talking/writing and listening/reading a lot.
    It's my fourth day in the Czech Republic and I'm constantly chatting with my girlfriend on WhatsApp, and video calls every evening.

• For me I sent her cards in the mail all the time. I would send her care packages by way of UPS little gifts, presents with food things to keep her entertained. I Also sent her jewelry and interesting items for holidays. We talked on the phone every day hours at a time we fell asleep on the phone and we watch videos together on the phone and we lasted a very long time we traveld the world together as well

• There is only one word for it to be successful. You must be both mature enough to be able to keep it successful. To understand the conditions of your relationship and the what it requires for you guys to be together.

• Wanting it to work, and giving yourselves time to text, voice call, and vid call. Ask @dogbert444. He and his girlfriend coming up for 2 years.

• 7d

@juicyjessie I do hope there will be the sound of wedding bells eventually.

• 7d

@EmmaMary Time is going quicker every day. It seems only yesterday they were celebrating 1 year. Now it is nearly 2. No sign of anything going wrong! All good so far! XX

• 5d

Wanting it to work is the most important part. If you both stick to it, it works good. We know we will be together eventually.

• This website sums it up very well.
    www.lifehack.org/.../...nce-relationship-work.html

• The only long distance relationship I ever had was with my fiancé when one of us was out of town or country. We didn’t really have the social media we have today, so email and letters were about the only way we could correspond

• Trust

• My secret is to keep communication going and long distance
    i would Skype with the girl but i would get to know more before
    Skyping cause she could be anyone on the other end i don't
    think pictures is sufficient cause they could be anyone.

• It is pure torture. Its secret is that people think they can handle it very well. I wish them good luck, it is still not that impossible.

• I personally never heard of one.
    I mean if your married and spouse is in millitary Skype when you can, write letters or call. But I just dont see a future in it if your not engaged or married.

• Proper thought out future plans, either remote toys or other fun masturbation games to replace the sex life, and lots and lots of deep conversations.

• To not have them. Stay in the same town together or breakup when you move away.

• Trust, a finite end date when you will be near each other, and being engaged. Those are the things that made my only successful LDR.

• I really hate to sound a pessimist, for has there ever been a successful LDR?
    One that has resulted in a long and happy marriage.

• communication and as many in-person visits as you can possibly make.

• I don't know. I've tried some and they didn't work out

• A fully stocked booze cabinet

• hookers...

• Communication

• Communication and determination

• Not having one.

• My opinion, just don't do it

• A close distance.

• not being long distance anymore.

• Communication

• Move closer

• frequent meet ups

• Not to try it

• Trust

• Closing the distance

• Maturity, patience, empathy, good communication.

• Communication and honesty.

• Shorter distance

• Finding someone close to you

• Two introverts with low sexdrive

• Trust

• To have faith and trust for each other

• patient, trusting, communication, time

• Ni distante A-T al

• lots of friends with benefits

• Sex on the side

Show More
1