Why do so many people assume that I have a boyfriend?

Genie23
It's been happening to me for years. Maybe, 13 years? Many people have assumed that I have a boyfriend. I wasn't ready for a relationship until the age of 22. So, I started dating and got relationship at the age of 22, but after I broke up with my first boyfriend. I took few years break from dating. When I'm single and I told people I'm single. Some don't believe me and think I want to keep it a secret. They keep asking me over and over again who's that guy? This is getting really annoying. Why does so many people assume you must be in a relationship just because you're a grown up now. Is having a relationship everything? I have made other things my priority now, I do not want to start dating and I dislike trying to convince people over and over again that I am not in a relationship. How do you react when people assume you're in a relationship when you aren't?
+1 y
Give me a nice idea to stop these people from asking me the same question again, I'll give you MHO. I'm truly sick of it.
+1 y
Oh, wow. It sure feels like I came back after ages, lol. Thank you so much everyone for sharing your opinion/advice. :)
49
9