Why do so many people assume that I have a boyfriend?

It's been happening to me for years. Maybe, 13 years? Many people have assumed that I have a boyfriend. I wasn't ready for a relationship until the age of 22. So, I started dating and got relationship at the age of 22, but after I broke up with my first boyfriend. I took few years break from dating. When I'm single and I told people I'm single. Some don't believe me and think I want to keep it a secret. They keep asking me over and over again who's that guy? This is getting really annoying. Why does so many people assume you must be in a relationship just because you're a grown up now. Is having a relationship everything? I have made other things my priority now, I do not want to start dating and I dislike trying to convince people over and over again that I am not in a relationship. How do you react when people assume you're in a relationship when you aren't?
Give me a nice idea to stop these people from asking me the same question again, I'll give you MHO. I'm truly sick of it.

949

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, as a person whose ALWAYS living with that situation. The reality is, you can't stop them. They will always assume and question: "WHAT? BUT WHY!!! YOUR so BEAUTIFUL/PRETTY/NICE ETC." The point is, it's your choice to date or not date. And even if you want to date, it is HARD to find a genuine person who is not after you for your body, or because your a woman who is capable of having sex. They also assume because you look younger and attractive, you will immediately be with somebody. People have screwed up morals and standards in this society. They judge you for being attractive and attracting anybody, but they also judge you when you don't have anybody. The reality is, who CARES? It's your life and you don't just want things handed to you. All you asked for is respect. The best way to handle it is to just ignore it and don't let it bother you. Relationships are NOT everything nor is it life. Life is what you make it. Some people are just JEALOUS of you.