What do you do when you literally can't become emotionally attached to anyone?

i'm 26 and have never had a gf/SO so emotional attachment in any manner of speaking is completely numb if not, nonexistent. I've tried, but even with my friends, artists I like and such if something happens to them they seem like only but a blip in my life. I don't know what caused me to become like this other than the romantic part and I don't know how to fix it

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I just try to get on with my life, and think that since i lack emotions, why not put it to use. I've been thinking about working for the army after graduating highschool, or any other profession in which the lack of emotion may even be a good thing, for example: police, soldier or any other army officer, someone who has something to do with the law like a private defendant or whatever they're called. In short, go job :)

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

It's not lack of emotion, it is lack of emotional connection

• 5d

Ok, but the same jobs still apply, i have the image that those jobs wouldn't really have any emotional connections to worry about, it'd always simply be another day at the office.

• I can totally relate with the 'they seem like only but a blip in my life' part. For me, I feel bad because I am tired of them :/

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes