Would you break up with someone because they were boring?

I’ve been there
I’ve been there

If everything else about them is wonderful would you leave them. I have and I don’t regret it.
Updates:
Please stop saying “I had to have known they were boring before I got in a relationship with them” because obviously I didn’t. If I knew they were boring from the start then I wouldn’t have got in a relationship. My goodness. And for those of you saying “my partner isn’t there to entertain me” well good for you. I’m not about to be with someone who doesn’t want to do anything with me or go anywhere with me... I’m not gonna be stuck having conversations about fidget spinners.

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I think in relationships if a couples can't find some place
    to go or something to do what's it worth staying in the
    relationship? It gets boring and depressing staying home
    all the time with nothing to do. Even just a day out to the
    movies is a event to do. Even a picnic for two in the County
    Park that has farm animals , ducks to feed, can make one
    feel good but staying in the house/ apartment is boring
    and can make a relationship go down hill real fast.

2|1
    0|0
    • I live with 3 cousins and can honestly say life is boring for myself
      sure i can go down to McDonald's in town a 5 minute walk or to
      go to the Coffee shop but being Mr Lonesome doesn't work much
      when i was in my late 20's we went to my Maternal Grandmas house
      i loved sharing time with her and my Grand-dad and on Sundays my
      Late Mom would make big supper and she would give them a meal
      cause my Grandma was taking sick with Dementia and could do only
      limited things like making sandwiches and stuff but i sure miss them.

• Thank You For MHO :)

• Hate to say it, but yes. I live in Los Angeles, I love going to the beach, concerts, sporting events. BBQ's. etc. Even just staying home and playing games or cooking and watching a good movie can be fun.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes. I probably would. I need excitement in my life.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's kind of disturbing that every single woman so far has said yes. I'd hope before you did that you'd try to make things more exciting (often women say/do nothing)! Or at least talk to him about it first.

But I think it comes down to if you had similar interests in the first place, otherwise they'd never be boring. ie, you probably weren't compatible to begin with.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, of course. I mean if everything else about them was wonderful I'd stay their friend but you live with a boring SO and than what? If you don't get excited whenever you see him/her than their not the right people and you have to let go-Good for you dude.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's kind of a thing but just because of being boring... Would you be ok if someone broke up with you because you were boring? If that's a yes, then fine.

0|1
    0|0
    • I’m not boring though.

• Show All
    • If I was boring then I would understand why he would want to leave me... no one wants to be in a relationship with a boring ass person. Like no.

• Ok, then you make a fair point. You can always gauge a situation by putting yourself into their shoes

• I did
    I was dating this hatian girl. She was so hot
    But she was so goddamn boring. She also wanted a sugar daddy 😂

But damn she was hot. Too bad lol could of been nice

0|1
    0|0
    • at least she was pretty

• Show All
    • I don’t talk a lot. Believe it or not.

• ya she was also always sleepy lol
      she was a good girl just I was comparing her to my ex a little too much. not on purpose
      just because the girl before the Haitian one --> was like the love of my life

so it set the bar really high
      if it wasn't for that, it would of been fine

ya she didn't talk much and was always sleepy haha... but she spoke in subtle ways...
      after she left me lol... cause I was driving her insane with all the criticism... and it was right before we had a vacation booked for the weekend to a romantic getaway

that would of been the weekend we would of slept in the same bed for the first time... damn damn damn it! I just want one squeeze of that ass bare... just once... I just wanted to pull those cheeks apart once... but no
      I didn't get that... arghhhh

who knows when Ill find a body that delicious
      your fault

• Depends on what you mean by borin... I talk a lot and I ask questions, so I most likely wouldn't be wit a person I find borin.. But if I was with a "borin" person, at my age I wouldn't just break up wit em.. I would tell them that I feel like we need more spice in the relationship, and work it out with them and hope they listen.. Lol..

1|0
    0|0
    • He may have been a borin guy, but it also sounds like he just didn't put much effort into y'all relationship.. Which means he probably mainly liked how you looked in the beginnin, and didn't care much about you as a person.. I don't know about you, but he entered into the relationship for the wrong reason..

• Define boring... if the person is great and amazing how are they boring?
    If you mean they don’t have an active (enough to your liking) life then... instead of dumping them, how bout you TRY?
    Maybe get an understanding of their motivations (or lack there of) and introduce them to something else?
    But I mean honestly, you have already known if the person was “boring” or not before you entered the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do y’all keep saying that 😑😒 if I knew they were boring then why the hell would I enter a relataionship with them? Did it ever occur to you that maybe they didn’t become boring until they got in a relationship.

• Show All
    • My question is HOW? 😂

• Why? What’s boring to me might not be the same as boring to you? He didn’t show any emotion. We never went anywhere. Conversations were dry. He didn’t know anything about my culture which I tried to teach him but he was uninterested. I liked to party. He didn’t.

• If you love the person why should broke whit... If you found that he's boring it only means that he's not the good person for you. And you shouldn't expect your relationship to give you all you need... Take what people give to you and give them what you wanna give them. And what isn't in your relationship you'll found it away. "we're only human after all!"

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not my partner's job to entertain me, but I want someone who can appreciate what I talk about and tell me something I don't already know. So yes, I would leave them. Hopefully within a couple of dates.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. A relationship is much more than constant excitement. What if your partner gets in an accident that prevents them from being exciting? You would just abandon them? If I genuinely love someone I'd stick with them regardless of how "boring" they are

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s totally different. If my partner was in an accident then best believe I’m sticking with him.

• Show All
    • Because I’m in love with my boyfriend. Stop trying to question my loyalty 😑. This has nothing to do with my question. All you had to do was answer yes or no. Simple as that.

• I did. I answered no. And now I'm refuting your reply

• Probably not. I would already have been able to tell she had a boring personality before getting into the relationship with her, so it would have already been factored in.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can't even be friends with boring people. How could I stand to be with one till death do us part?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Happened to me. Been with my ex for 5 years. The first 3 years were great. His family and friends were around, we actually used to go out quite a bit. Then I got a job offer in another city, we agreed to move together. Far from his friends and family. After 6 months here, he just changed. Became lazy, would come back from work at 4pm, sit in the couch with chips and beer, and watch tv for hours. I would go home around 11pm, dishes piled up, he wouldn’t really speak to me. He was bored he said. Blamed me. Everytime I suggested to go out, he wouldn’t.
    So he took the habit of leaving Friday night and come back Monday morning. Visiting his family. Can tell you the relationship just died little by little until there was no more intimacy. Nothing.
    I got bored, broke up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not, I'm very good at keeping myself occupied so she'd never be able to bore me. I'd find some other activity bro do. But she then she can't complain that I don't spend time with her if she keeps doing boring stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I can't stand boring people no offence to them but I find them physically painful to be around

1|0
    0|0
  • Define " boring". No, I wouldn't leave someone for the sole reason that I thought she was boring.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends if person has any in common if not. Yes I would break up with boring person. I only did once my second ex boyfriend that was very busy with finals of college. I got bored with FaceTime him and wanted to break up and I did.

0|0
    0|0
  • If everything else was wonderful and that was their only perceivable flaw? Probably not. You can do a lot worse than boring and I don't need someone to entertain me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly yes that’s a solid reason
    Then again I feel like someone genuinely boring couldn’t even handle me through the first couple of dates 😂

0|0
    0|0
    • We never even went on a date.

• Show All
    • Well if you knew him you should have known he was boring and dating him was a bad idea🤦🏻‍♂️

• He didn’t become boring until after we were in a relationship. If I knew he was boring I never would’ve dated him from the start.

• Probably. If they don't know how to keep up a conversation or anything then it's not going to work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think so, I want some kind of adventure opposed to dudes who just play video games and stay indoors all day.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on what you mean by boring is the personality or the realtionship boring or is it just their hobbies or lifestyle

0|0
    0|0
    • If their personality is boring then the relationship would be boring.

• Show All
    • Fucking dead 😂😂😂

• Which reminds me I need to ask u for some help later cause I'm at work now

• Nope. I'll make life fun. It's not someone else's responsibility to entertain me because they're sub human beneath me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I don’t see a point in being in a relationship with someone I find boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to be honest I would break up with then I can't deal with a boring person

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. There's a problem if two people aren't sharing interests and so everything is boring then.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d rather them be simple than a hot mess, which is what I usually attract.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how boring and if they are unwilling to try

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are dating someone you find boring, you're dating the wrong person.

0|0
    0|0
    • What is boring for you may not be boring for others.

• Show All
    • @JDavid25 he was boring as hell. 😑

• Haha.. I guess it was one of the first 2 options then..

• Never encountered this. I guess I attract the wild women

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • No I like boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but then again, I don't date boring people

0|0
    0|0
  • I get bored easily, so yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I know how to have fun by myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if she was willing to be boring on her own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hello no why

0|0
    0|0
  • l don't think so

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes