Have you ever told someone about your private life then regretted it?

I was talking to a friend about dating when she suddenly asked me about my virginity. I was taken by surprise, but I answered her anyways.

I trust this girl, but I feel awkward now at telling someone about my sex life. I don't talk about these things, even to my sister.

Is it normal to talk about these things among friends? Am I over-thinking it?
Have you ever told someone about your private life then regretted it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• They are your friends, of course, it is normal to talk about it. But what's not is them promoting bad behavior and shaming you. If you cannot trust that person, then don't be friends and be with people you DON'T TRUST. It takes time to open up to people, but that just means that you care and love them besides yourself. And you don't want to get hurt. Especially if you were betrayed in the past. There is no shame in being a virgin. There is always somebody who is going to judge you. Just listen to those who give righteous judgment to help you, when you need it. Trust your gut on this one.

2|0
    0|0
  • Oh yeah. I used to be somewhat open with my close friends about everything!

Until I found out they were telling people, including my mom, my business 🤦‍♀️
    It was then I learned that it's better not to tell everyone your personal business, because you never know who they'll tell.

But then I'm just wary of people in general: if you have a friend you KNOW you can trust, that's great! People divulge their secrets to me all the time- I don't tell anyone.

But I also realize if someone trusts me enough to tell me something private, I should keep my mouth shut.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• In this situation, i think you are overthinking it. but there are times that you have told someone your business and then later regretted it because they use it against u. i told someone i thought was a friend about my fam situation especially between my mom and i, and how there is beef, and one day i was in an argument with this so-called friend and she went "see... thats why even your own mother doesn't like you"...

So you got 2 choices... either you keep the shit to yourself, or if you choose to say it, just know there is always a possibility of it coming back to bite you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sort of. Well maybe not I once confessed a crush to a person, and at the busy lunch hour when I was sitting eating she comes up and reads the whole conversation to the others. Private things... i dont think she should have done that, never said a name but hinted it.

1|0
    0|0
    • It sucked so bad. I cared deeply for her too.

• That was childish of her

• I know it was unexpected

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Personally, I don’t like to talk about my sexual life with anyone! Even with friends, I think their views about you change when they know something so private and usually is not in a friendly way, but in a denigrating way. Unfortunately that’s the way women are views, but if it was a man, they would cheer for him. I just think is better to keep friendships separate from sharing my sexual experiences with them. 🤷🏻‍♀️

1|0
    0|0
  • It varies from person to person. There are tons of people that are reserved when it comes to sexual topics.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. You think you can open up to someone, then you think I wonder if she says anything to anyone about this. Copious cold sweat time...

1|0
    0|0
  • l would never talk about stuff me and any girl done that's for us only

2|1
    0|0
  • My therapist lmfao
    But what you told your friend is normal to talk about between good friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I talk to my friends about everything. Of course there are personal things I wish I didn’t tell someone, but as with every matter of the heart - it’s a risk.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have. Learned not to speak too much nor give info.

0|0
    0|0
  • I somehow understand. You are not overthinking anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • I talk about sex with many of my friends, but not all off course

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope. I'm very open.

1|0
    0|0
  • Relax sexuality is normal topic.

1|0
    0|0
  • possibly

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't really care

1|0
    0|0
  • No. If I told them because I feel safe to do so. If I don't want to disclose then they should respect me enough not to keep asking. I will regret if I feel like I had to tell and forced to tell.

1|0
    0|0
  • I asked a question similar it you situation and deeply regret it. It was not personal but I ended up losing a great freind.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, a guy asked me if I would get an abortion, and I was taken by surprise, so I answered. He didn't like my response, so now we aren't friends anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sooo many times.

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s p normal tbh

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes