Have you ever told someone about your private life then regretted it?

I was talking to a friend about dating when she suddenly asked me about my virginity. I was taken by surprise, but I answered her anyways.

I trust this girl, but I feel awkward now at telling someone about my sex life. I don't talk about these things, even to my sister.

Is it normal to talk about these things among friends? Am I over-thinking it?

1012

Most Helpful Girls

• They are your friends, of course, it is normal to talk about it. But what's not is them promoting bad behavior and shaming you. If you cannot trust that person, then don't be friends and be with people you DON'T TRUST. It takes time to open up to people, but that just means that you care and love them besides yourself. And you don't want to get hurt. Especially if you were betrayed in the past. There is no shame in being a virgin. There is always somebody who is going to judge you. Just listen to those who give righteous judgment to help you, when you need it. Trust your gut on this one.

• Oh yeah. I used to be somewhat open with my close friends about everything!

Until I found out they were telling people, including my mom, my business 🤦‍♀️
    It was then I learned that it's better not to tell everyone your personal business, because you never know who they'll tell.

But then I'm just wary of people in general: if you have a friend you KNOW you can trust, that's great! People divulge their secrets to me all the time- I don't tell anyone.

But I also realize if someone trusts me enough to tell me something private, I should keep my mouth shut.

Most Helpful Guys

• In this situation, i think you are overthinking it. but there are times that you have told someone your business and then later regretted it because they use it against u. i told someone i thought was a friend about my fam situation especially between my mom and i, and how there is beef, and one day i was in an argument with this so-called friend and she went "see... thats why even your own mother doesn't like you"...

So you got 2 choices... either you keep the shit to yourself, or if you choose to say it, just know there is always a possibility of it coming back to bite you.

• Sort of. Well maybe not I once confessed a crush to a person, and at the busy lunch hour when I was sitting eating she comes up and reads the whole conversation to the others. Private things... i dont think she should have done that, never said a name but hinted it.

• It sucked so bad. I cared deeply for her too.

• That was childish of her

• I know it was unexpected