Have you ever lost or almost lost a friend or SO because you wrongfully distrusted them?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• No, but I have been wrongfully accused of flirting with other women while I was married and that was extremely harmful to my marriage. My wife (now ex) had paranoid jealousy.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• trust is a very hard thing. It is a weakness that all of us have. and let's be honest here. Nobody and I mean nobody on earth is completely trustworthy. I say this because I think we hold people to higher standards than we should. Everybody fails and everybody is weak. What makes this different is honesty, calling to say you are going to be late, calling to say you make a stupid mistake, calling to say you should not be calling about this you should have more talking in person. People, I think what is more powerful than trust, mercy and forgiveness. When somebody falls you pick them back up and help them to start again. I am not saying it is wrong to trust because learning to trust in someone is a good thing but know that people will fall and they screw up sometimes. People are not perfect, people are people and people mess up. I mean just think of all the problems you have on your way to work, life is kinda like that, a jumbled up mess that somehow works itself out. Have trust but also be prepared to have mercy and forgiveness for a person too.

2|0
    0|0
    • I am thankfully have not had a situation like that... but I am sorry if you have recently :(

• I just lost my best guy friend Becuase his girlfriend went nuts whenever I texted or called him. He started backing off after he had confided in me about his sex life and she flippedshit Becuase she read our texts and blocked me from talking to him on every platform. It all came to a head one day as I had gone up to where he works (and where I used to work) and I didn’t realize he was working and she came up and saw me and flipped shit again. Turned the entire store against me, turned about 38,000 moms on Facebook against me. And severely harassed and stalked me til I had no choice but to take her to court and he sent me a text one night saying I needed to stop (uhhh what did I do?) and thst he’d never talk to me again. my guess is she lied to him about what actually happened and because he hates conflict he just chose to believe her and now he apparently hates my
    Guts when all I’ve ever done is be supportive, even though the girl he’s dating is known to sleep around and I’m pretty sure she intentionally got pregnant to trap him

2|0
    1|0
    • That is horrible. All the more reason why to distance yourself and NOT be in other's relationships. He'll learn the hard way.

• Show All
    • @btbc92 so I should let karma bite him for pushing me out of his life when all i did was care and be supportive?

• That is up to you. Either you want to continue to hate him and hate yourself for loving him as a friend just for you to hate your love for him, or you move on and grow and learn from this so that you can be in peace with your life. He already showing you that he is not your friend.

• Mine have always been right.
    Woman intuition is really strong.
    Listen to your gut

1|0
    0|0
  • I've lost friends or SO because I trusted them too much

1|0
    0|0
  • Not that I recall. I think all the friends and boyfriends I’ve lost was because we just grew apart.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was with someone who accused me of sleeping with their friend

1|0
    0|0
    • That really sucks

• Lol yeah. It wasn't true. The guy liked me so I think he was trying to sabotage the relationship. It hurt that they believed the guy friend more than me and threw out relationship away because of it...

• That’s awful 😥

• I have stopped talking to friends based on rumors that were unfounded as it turns out. I dont keep up anymore but probably could with the click of a button. I dont think they hold it against me.

2|0
    0|0
  • I think so. Years ago, I dated someone who was a major liar and very good at it. It took me a while to figure it out. I dumped her after I did, but it left a psychological scar and in my next couple of relationships I was overly suspicious - not because of anything that girlfriend had done, but what the earlier one did. That definitely caused some issues and I think might have been a factor in one ex dumping me.

Fortunately, I was able to overcome that and be able to trust my partners again because trust is really important in a relationship and people get annoyed when they're not doing anything wrong and their partner still doesn't trust them.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I don't listen to others I don't assume anything either. Assumption is the first step to failure

2|0
    0|0
  • No, but some people risked me because they didn't trust me or moved baseless accusations.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never wrongfully distrusted, but wrongfully trusted

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes l have he stole money and an EX girl of mines Gold ring he died young what goes around comes around do good seek wisdom

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep my best friend but I had 2 so the other one just moved up the ranks

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to give people my complete trust until they prove untrustworthy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can't say I did. I wrongfully trusted friends and didn't get rid of them fast enough though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes , I've lost a friend and a ex-girlfriend cause i loss trust in them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I lost my best friend in high school. We were together since the fourth grade. In tenth grade I befriended a new girl and she hated her. Two years later they’re besties. They went out together, had sleep overs and even planned to go out in front of me. We were technically still friends because we were a group. Thankfully the girl wasn’t the only one who was new.. my best friend is my rock. He kept me sane and he’s on my side. He saw what she did. We don’t talk anymore. Only good thing that came out was my best friend.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I have not

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but this loss is permanent.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i believe so

1|0
    0|0
  • lost many...

2|0
    0|0
  • Never happened to me like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope never have.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe. I'm not sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. But now i forgot what the problem was. LOL

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. My instincts have always been right

1|0
    0|0
  • We lose friends. It’s the way of life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes