Do you believe some people are destined to be together? Or is it all just chance?

bOi and gOrl hugging
bOi and gOrl hugging
I think it's just chance. What about you?
Side note: Now I wanna meet a couple with the names of destiny and chance.. xD
Photo by "Joel Overbeck" on Unsplash
  • It's Destiny!
    Vote A
  • No... It's chance!
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's a chance meeting. It's what you do with that opportunity that makes the difference.
    So attraction traits and social skills have value. Love can't start 'till attraction does and then there needs to be a conversation.

And no, there's no 'one', and no such thing as 'soulmates'. These are platitudes for weak minds. There are many suitors for a mate and that's why you date and get to know. So you can make that determination. The more you date the better you get at being about to discern whether they're a match, whether they're worthy. So date a LOT, just don't have sex with them all. You'll find one worthwhile.

2|2
    2|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't believe in destiny. Everything happens either by our own actions , the actions of others, or due to unforseen circumstances.

I believe there's people out there who'd be soulmates , but their paths will never cross paths

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I dont know... all I know is that I'm madly in love and I'll make choices to do whatever I can to make it work... that's me setting my own destiny.

0|1
    0|0
  • Beutiful things start by chance. I don't believe there's such thing as destiny, there's nothing written, we write it. That doesn't make it less romantic for me. It is even more. We don't love someone because it's what it has to happen but because we want that to happen.

1|1
    0|0
    • Hi that is very true, or on most time it is like that with life. littlelofty.

• There's no such thing as destiny. And if you're 13 year old girl it's ok to think like that but beyond that. GROW UP! lol
    To quote the movie (The Mexican) "Antone can be your soulmate if the numbers are in you favor". Lol

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s only chance in the sense that we aren’t capable of predicting who we will end up with.

It’s destony only in the sense that your paths were pre determined to cross but not necessarily with intent. More like an acceptable outcome within a definitive system and one more step on the way to complete whatever journey we are compelled to follow.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wouldn't chance be about how we are capable of choosing who we wanna be with, we just either make the wrong one or the right?

What do you mean by intent? Who's intent?

• Show All
    • @guyasef

The fundamental properties of freewill are that we have a discrete set of choices, that we are aware of those choices, and that we have a set of rules... often referred to as values, morals etc by which we make those choices There is no contingency for randomness in a system of freewill. In fact it is contrary to the nature and idea of freewill as expressed here.

• Randomness & uncertainty =\= freewill

• Destiny is not actually about chances but choices.. so, maybe the right person comes to our lives with some help from the universe but if you don't risk it, it's just another chance lost

1|2
    0|0
  • I believe it’s by chance you meet, it’s definitely destiny what you make of that chance😀 just my opinion!

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted for soulmates. And as of right now, we are 50/50. I was the one who shifted it.

0|0
    1|0
  • It is by chance, some luck and some work why people meet. What happens after that is up the people involved. Nobody deserves anything or anyone and the destiny stuff makes no sense.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd say destiny exists to a certain extent, you have to will your destiny into existence.

1|0
    1|0
  • people r destined to be together. one can block or choose to not accept their destiny.

0|1
    0|0
  • Like aranged marriage.

The world is darker then you think kid.

0|0
    0|0
    • But which did you vote for?

• Destiny because instead of fairytale dreams we have parents forcing children to marry. And destiny just meand your future

• I think it could be one or the other or possibly both

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no opinion on this matter.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well then why tf did you comment then? 😂💀

• I don't know know just to be counted i did want you to think i was neglecting you 😁

• 😂 Don't worry man, I'd rather no comment than one of no substance 👌 I don't feel neglected easily 🙏😇

• Yes I do beleive that..

0|0
    1|0
  • I think some people are destined to be together

0|1
    0|0
  • Chances no destiny is apart of that lol

0|1
    0|0
  • chance.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's chance

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it is destiny to some extent

0|1
    0|0
  • destiny. not everybody likes their partner

0|0
    0|0
  • It's like magnets. T

0|0
    0|0
    • How come?

• Because you can put space in between them, won't work.. They could be in relationships, still won't change the fact. What is meant to be, shall be. Magnets= drawn together

• I believe it's chance. We all have choices for ourselves. There could be someone who is destined for but u chose someone else because that's ur choice and ur giving yourself a chance to be with someone u want even tho they really aren't the one for u

0|1
    0|0
  • Chance

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes