Have you ever been in a toxic relationship?

And how did you get out of it? Have you ever been in a toxic relationship?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Never been but sometimes you just have to ghost, unfortunately, some guys don't take no for an answer, especially toxic ones. Have friends or family help get your things and just leave. Give him or her the option to change, but if they stay toxic, it's better to have a clean break sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Its difficult because you might be so attached to that person that you can't pull yourself away. Its just a process you have to go through slowly but, just like before the relationship, you will be fine.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I have. It was really hard getting out of it but I told her that I didn't want to be with her anymore bc it was hurting me and then stopped talking to her.

0|1
    0|0
  • It took me literally almost dying to make me leave, but I'm better off now.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I have. I left when he hit me.

3|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I was in a relationship with a narcissist. He acted funny with me for a whole week, made me beg and plead with him to meet with me (but didn't, unless it was on his terms). I just got fed up with how he was acting and said it felt like he didn't want to be with me anymore and I got a half hearted response back. Still not got closure, but people are starting to see the real him now so it's all good😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I got out of it, but in hindsight, I should have gotten out of it much earlier than I did. Things may have turned out for the better, for me, if I'd left sooner

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes , my marriage , she turned into a lazy , fat complaining machine , I was carrying her and never ever was appreciated , had enough , packed up her stuff and took her back to her parents and told them the truth. I have majority custody , so am basically a single parent now and will never even date again , I love being single again too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have, I just told the girl I was with at the time I wasn't willing to pursue things any further, sure it ended with me being called a jerk and to be pushed into a wall pretty hard.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya well you just get out lol
    Its really as easy as that

You are conditioned and have created a habit now you find it hard to break
    So break the habit like any other bad habit 😛

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes multiple times, in almost all my "relationships" I was taken advantage of and threatened pretty often so oof

0|0
    0|0
  • My marriage was very toxic for its last few years. The problem was along with the bad times there was also some good times which is why it dragged on for as long as it did.

0|0
    0|0
  • U just have to tell yourself enough is enough and leave without looking back eventually you will get over it and be ok

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I ended it and had a celebration with my friends

0|1
    0|0
  • Not sure the word toxic would be the word I would use, having once been engaged to a Swamp Witch, but for argument's sake, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yehh and thank God I left that relationship quicker than Flash!😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

I packed my shit and moved out quick... you can only take so much

0|0
    0|0
  • It was pretty bad and I got basically forced to leave by my sister

0|0
    0|0
  • Several. And it depended on the relationship in how I got out of it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I was. I lasted 5 years, and I ended it 6 months ago. I've not seen her since, though I've heard from her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea... he punched a hole in my wall I ended up just blocking him one day and leaving

0|1
    0|0
  • I have been in many toxic relationships in the last 5 years, it’s hard to get out of it and get over that person but you know you are doing it for yourself and making yourself feel better when you do leave. I just kicked the ex out even tho we have a child together but it’s so much better on me cause the stress is gone and once you leave them, you keep on the down low for a few months and even change your number and don’t go outside unless your with family or friends that you really trust. Never look back on them, leave them in the past and start your life all over again, change your hair or do stuff they wouldn’t let you and have fun. It’s so much better on you

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, I gave her multiple chances but she wouldn't stop. I left and haven't looked back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. I've had some friends in that situation though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably so but I don't remember what she ate but I ate healthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really toxic, just some forces working against us. we broke up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish. At least I would have been in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep, dump them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I became more assertive and she filed for divorce.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes and am out, thank Goodness

0|0
    0|0
  • I have. Just gotta break the ties and move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been in a toxic relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • no but the solution is easy, just end it

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's a toxic relationship , Is that a bad one?

0|0
    0|0
  • Are there realy any other type?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes unfortunately

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah but I was in one where I was used as a trophy

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! She dumped me and set me free.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. and it was not fun

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, yes i have.

0|0
    0|0
  • All my relationships were toxic HAAHAHHAAHA

0|0
    0|0
  • No i haven't been in any

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i have and i simply left

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. She broke up with me. It was my first relationship and I didn't have the courage to leave myself, even though it was making my life miserable.

0|0
    0|0
  • i thought i was... but then i realized that it was me that had the toxic habits

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother, I’m in college two hours away from home and I’m still trying to break away from her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just said it's not working. That's it. I did this in an email. I couldn't face seeing her as I felt she'd bully me into staying together.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes