Is jealousy an unattractive trait?

Is jealousy an unnatractive trait?
Is jealousy an unnatractive trait?

1|3

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends , if it's too much jealousy then thats a bad thing , but if it's a little jealousy then that is actually a good thing , when someone is overly jealous in a relationship that just means they dont trust you and more. then likely they dont trust themselves. But if your partner gets a little jealous seeimg. you talking to the opposite sex and giggling and having a good time then that's a good jealousy just shows your partner still loves and cares about you , why it's best to not really interact with the opposite sex when you are in a relationship , if an opposite sex person tries talking to you it's best to keep it short and nice , little things like that shows respect. to your partner , u should always wear your partners shoes like they should be wearing yours and thats nothing to do with trust it's more. to do with respect

1|0
    0|0
    • I absolutely agree!!! love your answer

• Show All
    • Exactly, totally true.. getting easy sex is so simple. nowadays that we dont value that link that can be created between two people.. its all about how much i can sleep with and how. many new experiences i can get... but yea its the sad truth

• Yup just comes down to finding someone that values a relationship like we do

• It depends on its severity. I get jealous. Not like the tantrum jealousy, but passively jealous.

Her: “I’m going out with friends.”

Me: “Be safe.”

Inner Me: (You all are always going to a bar. I really wanted you to stay in with me today.)

But it’s a mixture of worry in there too.

Jealousy is decided a human behavior. It’s akin to being territorial in animals. Animals don’t like to share very much.

Unfortunately most women I’ve dated have male friends, so you know where my thoughts are.

4|0
    0|1
    • Yea thats the thing, i try not to get jealous obviously i do not shout scream or get mad if my partner makes a compliment to a girl or goes out... but it can be noticed on my face, something that i can't controle even if i want to appear normal.. and im scared it starts to be a turn off lol

• Show All
    • Yea exactlyy!!!

• 7d

That's exactly how I feel. Well put.

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. It shows a lack of trust in your partner because of your insecurities. It also shows lack of self worth because they look at others as a threat. Instead they should realize that they have more to offer their partner than some stranger. Starts with the lack of self worth which turns into insecurities then that leads to a lack of trust which then turns into jealousy.

Some like to think if their partner gets jealous it means they really love them so they purposely make their partner jealous. And although they probably do really love them which feels positive the reaction they are having is coming from negative place inside them so it's not a nice thing to them.

1|2
    0|0
  • To an extent. Possessiveness is unattractive. Early in the relationship, I'd understand if he doesn't trust me. I'd hope that we get to a point later in our relationship where we can trust each other. I know I'll never do anything to hurt him but I need to know that he won't hurt me either and vice versa.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes it is, unfortunately I am a jealous woman but I am capable to switching my jealousy into a more positive feeling, it’s better for me and I think it is better for any relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is unattractive. My ex would cover my eyes during sex scenes in movies because she didn't want me looking at them. It's a sign of insecurity and possessiveness, both of which are not attractive at all.

1|2
    0|0
  • On an extreme level, yes. However, I’d be concerned if a girlfriend showed none of it when it came to attracting other girls’ attention, like she didn’t care about potentially losing me

1|2
    0|0
  • It's not an attractive trait it is an impulse that people have when they feel threatened, it can bring out the nasty side in people but I would also be worried if a partner doesn't show signs of it every now and then because it would indicate indifference.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, to me it means they care enough to feel possessive over me. I would find it unattractive if they didn’t.

1|1
    0|0
  • It can be. I mean everyone is jealous to an extent, but once it consumes someone it becomes a problem.

2|0
    0|1
  • Yes and no. I mean obviously if the bf/gf is flirting with another jealousy is natural and is warranted. But if they are just talking to a person to get information or learn something then it is annoying when you get jealous.

1|0
    0|1
    • Show All
    • Just let it go. There is nothing you can do that would make the situation better. It always gets worse when you try to change a person. If you aren't comfortable then maybe you shouldn't be in that relationship.

• Youve told it all haha!!

• In moderate amounts.. it is part of a monogamous relationship.

1|0
    1|2
  • It depends how it's how they go about it; it makes someone angry & irrational then yes. It can be kind of fun if it's in a Fun/playful way, I had an ex that would get turned on by being jealous, & it was kind of fun making him that way.

1|0
    0|2
  • Yes. It is very unattractive. It suggests that the jealous person has trust issues or their partner is not a trustworthy person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh, yes... It's a combination of entitlement and anger; neither of which is helpful.

2|2
    0|0
  • no not at all, different between jealousy and fully crazy and controlling which is unattractive to some people

1|0
    0|0
  • Very much so. It's a very toxic trait that destroys relationships.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends. If there's no reason to be jealous, then yes it is
    Even though a little jealousy once in a while is sexy

2|0
    0|1
  • Yes, highly. Not as much as desperation, but still very unattractive.

1|1
    0|0
  • Only if you're possessive and/or show now no trust in your partner/friend

2|0
    0|0
  • It would depend. It tells me she's interested in me so not really. But if it causes issues such as clingyness and getting "revenge" then definitely

1|0
    0|0
  • In the right quantity it signals loyalty, too much and it may become borderline obsessive

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it’s ultimately shows your lack of confidence and comfort with your own abilities and life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It's a sign of gross immaturity and a need for LOTS of therapy.

1|0
    0|0
  • A bit is fine, take it too far then it's hella annyoing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only too much is unattractive I tho k everyone naturally is jealous sometimes

1|0
    0|0
  • Jealousy can't live in someone with good self esteem.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s both 1 over proactive bad cause become possessive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I can't be with a person that tries to control me and gets paranoid over everything. If there's no trust, what's the point of trying at all?

0|0
    0|0
    • Extreme jealousy isn't great for sure. But feeling uncomfortable when in situation you feel that your partner shows some kind of interest in the opposite gender (talking about heterosexuality cause im heterosexual but valable also with homosexuals) is i think normal, and as some said a natural sign of love and respect.. and not a insanity... but im interested in all your points of view..

• One of the worst traits a guy can have..

1|1
    0|0
    • What about girls?

• Girls too. One of my friends back then used to hate when I would hang out with other friends

• A nose removal is not as bad as jealousy

2|1
    0|0
    • Ahaha lol okay

• Show All
    • Ur right

• Yes, very much so.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes it's very unattractive

1|1
    0|0
  • Extremely unattractive.

1|1
    0|0
  • Extremely.

2|2
    0|0
  • Yeah, definitely.

1|0
    0|0
  • very

3|1
    1|0
  • no but its annoying.

2|0
    0|0
  • Very. So is narcissism.

2|1
    0|0
  • Very much so

1|1
    0|0
  • Vary much so

1|2
    0|0
    • Using it as a sign off affection is just attempting to use somthing toxic postaivly it's still toxic

• Most definitely

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah it is, especially for guys. Dont do that..

1|0
    0|1
  • No..

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope.
    It can also be cute...

1|1
    1|1
  • Yes.

1|1
    0|0
  • yes. most girls when jealous become witches.

1|1
    0|0
  • I’m unlucky, my boyfriend can get jealous

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes

1|0
    0|0
  • I find it more upsetting …..