What do you do when one of your best friends is getting abused by her ex-boyfriend?

My friend called me tonight and asked to me to take a walk with her around our neighborhood. I noticed that one side of her face was completely red and before I asked her about it, she started telling me what happened. When she got home today, her ex-boyfriend was on her porch waiting for her. She didn't look in that direction so she completely missed him. She went into her house to fix a snack when he walked in and started talking about how he wanted her back and that he'd changed (the same crap he always tells her). She normally will take him back, but this time she put her foot down and told him no. He started begging her and she still said no. He got ticked and called her names, then said she was stupid for taking him back all those times. He then pushed her and took a swing at her, she tried to fight back, but it didn't work and he proceeded to beat her (her parents weren't home). Apparently he's been doing this for about 4 months now and she just took it. She thinks it's her fault, cause whenever he beats her he constantly tells her that. She refuses to tell her parents and made me promise not to tell anyone. I don't know what to do, I want to keep my word to her, but at the same time I can't just sit back and let her get abused by him. Help!
3
1