Can boys and girls JUST be really really good friends or will they end up falling in love?

This song lol got me thinking of the question-listen to it if you have the time. But seriously, I mean think of all the friend relationships. Ginny and Harry, Ron and Hermione, Percy & Annabeth, Jacob and Bella (Almost), & etc.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• When you spend a lot of quality time with someone of the opposite gender that you enjoy being around, everything that connects the friendship together will make that bond you have with them stronger! Depending on how many common interests and beliefs you two have, along with physical attraction and having a favorable personality, that'll be the determinant between staying as friends to wanting something more. Out of my two closest girl friends that I know, I'll admit that I could see myself being a potential partner with them, however my desire for my current girlfriend is the strongest because we grew up together for a good nine years which makes me more attached to her!

Naturally, I would say it's difficult to be friends with someone of the opposite gender if you find them attractive but it's possible to be friends with them with effective communication and trying not to flirt too much. I just feel like the relationships that form from friendships are most healthy and will likely be the most successful ones too! In short, it's possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys and girls can be platonic friends. I have had several during my lifetime.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• ... those examples are fictional and only taken seriously by children

i find the disregard for the sexuality spectrum really distasteful

1|0
    0|0
    • 24 d ago

Lol, you have a really good point! I guess I got tricked because these 'characters' are real to me in a way.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Despite what the sexualized media promotes, yes, men and women can exist together without sexual attraction
    I am friends with a bunch of women. Sometimes yes you develop romantic feelings, but a lot of the times you won't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chances are there that they might fall for each other if they are single.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the people involved. Almost all of my friends are female and falling in love with any of them seems like a impossibility. Nothing wrong with any of them but I just don't see them in a way where that could possibly happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of the time we end up falling in love. Sometimes we can be friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • But weren't Harry and Hermione friends too? And that without falling in love?

Yes it is possible, no doubt about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • One of my best friends since 2008 is a guy. We will never be nothing more than best friends 🤷‍♀️

1|0
    0|0
  • They end up falling in love. Thats why most girls have a gay best friend

1|0
    0|0
  • I have one that worked but normally they end up saying they like me

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they can, but boys fall in love more often than girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can, but if they're familiar and attractive to me then why wouldn't I want to date them?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they can be friends but probably 80% or more of the time one or both will end up wanting more.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can totally be just friends 💛💜💙💚

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes we can.

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything is possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • yup for sure its possible

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't.

0|0
    0|0
  • We can be good friends. Especially when they get older.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes