How can you tell if you dont deserve to be treated a certain way OR if its just a step in learning that you can't always have it your way?

Its confusing. Whats the difference? Example... you're 5 years old and your mom pulls up at a McDonalds drive through. You want a burger and fries but she says “take this burger and be glad you at least got that”. How do you know if its neglect or should you realize that its not BK and you can't have it your way? Lmao this was the worst example ever 😂 Anyways do you ever just tell yourself “i deserve better” or do you question it. If we deserve better, why do we take what we get? Is it to avoid looking like a spoiled brat or is it a lesson to be learned that you gotta go through hard times first 🤔 I mean i couldve given an actual example of what i mean relationship/friendship wise but i rather not do so atm #FeelFreeToList #iDeserveBetter

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• You need to know and see the situation as a whole, understand the diffrent view points around the situation, and know on which end you stand on with your personal values. Sometimes we're dealt with crap cards in life where we have to toss things that make us lose in life, sometimes we're stuck in a rut of the game and it teaches us character and patience, but sometimes we gotta know how to strategize the game so that we can break the mold and push ahead to winning.

For your example, what is the child's living conditions and family income like? Is fastfood something the mom resorts to everyday? Is the mom the one at fault for even giving into buying the child the burger in the first place when there's a meal. she has prepped at home? Or perhaps the mom is compromising by buying the burger without the fries as she wants the child to eat a fuller meal once home?

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll tell you about my own skin and experience. You always deserve to treat yourself and others with R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
    We show others the way we deserve to be treated.
    I won't accept under my own consent ways that don't portrait respect towards my own character. I'd say trust always your gut and speak up with kindness and respect and you can put the bar and do a reality check for the person.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Good question. I guess I would start off by saying that regarding stuff like this it's important to keep in mind that you have to keep true to yourself. The other thing is that well we all have to swallow some shit to get further in life. I think that it's all about when. If the treatment is situated in a good time then think twice before you accuse the person of treating you improperly. If it's not, and he or she is overreacting or it's misplaced, then definitely complain and stand up for yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

I don't know when to standup. And what do u mean if the treatment is situated in a good time

• 10 d ago

Like if the treatment is not towards something out of context. But oh :( if you wanna pm about it just hmu

• To me it comes down to:
    Who is paying?
    Is it a gift?
    We're your opinions or feelings intentionally ignored or hurt?
    If someone gives you a gift, even if you HATE it, gracefully accept and put it in the closet.
    If they are paying, as long as it's not a dietary issue let it go. It's rude but...
    If they ignored your request or hurt your feelings it's a deal breaker and move on, (you're not skinny enough for an ice cream, we'll get low fat yogurt instead... as an example)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I try to always make decisions as if I'm not entitled to feel one way or another. Sometimes I don't though and my pride or ego gets the better of me. But I always just try to think "someone has it worse than me, and they play the hand they're dealt". So I usually just try to play the hand I'm dealt too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cause I know my worth.. I deserve nothing but the best and I won’t settle for less.

1|0
    0|0
  • It all comes down to knowing your worth. When you know what you are worth and what you deserve, there won't be a question of what you deserve. You'll know for a fact.

0|0
    0|0
  • In Dutch we have a saying "if you don't appreciate the small, you're not worth the big".
    Always appreciate what you get, there are people who need to do with much less :o

0|0
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

True but thats not whats happening in my case. Maybe in the example

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

I think i met him

• 8 d ago

Oh wow, that's good news - so happy for you!
      Enjoy Desi, life is beautiful <3

• When you feel you have to sell your own balls or breasts to your partner - then you know it's time to let go.

Same for sharing passwords if *you* personally mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • The way I see it, "deserve" is based in greed. Don't expect to get treated one way or another. Look at what you need and can handle instead and adjust accordingly.
    For instance, if one individual is putting more into a relationship than the other, it doesn't have to be a bad thing if both are fine with that.
    But if individual "A" is putting more into a relationship thinking "this amount that I'm putting into the relationship is how much we both should be putting into it!" for whatever reason (maybe they think that's how relationships should be in general), then that's greedy. A is expecting something that B was never prepared to give. Instead, A should lower the amount that they're putting into the relationship if they don't think that what they're getting now is enough or fair, or if that doesn't fill A's needs, abandon the relationship.

That's my two cents anyway.

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

And if someone is doing something or not doing something and you think that that's bad for your mental/physical health, stand up for yourself and get away from the person if necessary.
      If you base your life around what you think you deserve or don't deserve, you'll drive yourself crazy. It won't make you happy either.

• Show All
    • 9 d ago

Sorry :(

• 9 d ago

• I think the answer to that is it all depends on what you have done and what has been done to you, and what you need.. Let's say wit the kid, his mother always gets him McDonald's with a full meal.. He has a lot of food at home, and acts like a brat so he really doesn't deserve McDonald's and he doesn't need it.. Same wit a relationship.. Somebody is always there for you, and you feel loved, but you get greedy, and sometimes he doesn't want to talk on the phone, and sometimes he is not havin the best day.. Or let's they can't always talk on the phone, but when they do the make it worth the wait.. Whereas if you don't deserve to be treated a certain way, you put out most of the work, and they don't very little, and don't even seem enthusiastic.. That's not compromise, that's takin ish that you don't deserve.. I hope I answered this to the best of my ability..

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

You confused me more 😂 we need to talk on rabbit sometime today

• 10 d ago

Basically, you don't deserve to have any guy not answer yo calls, but you don't need him callin you every night.. If that makes it clearer.. And, okie dokie..

• love the 1st vid. Seen them in concert. You should be treated as if you would treat anyone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good question. I don't know

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes