How can you tell if you dont deserve to be treated a certain way OR if its just a step in learning that you can't always have it your way?

Its confusing. Whats the difference? Example... you're 5 years old and your mom pulls up at a McDonalds drive through. You want a burger and fries but she says “take this burger and be glad you at least got that”. How do you know if its neglect or should you realize that its not BK and you can't have it your way? Lmao this was the worst example ever 😂 Anyways do you ever just tell yourself “i deserve better” or do you question it. If we deserve better, why do we take what we get? Is it to avoid looking like a spoiled brat or is it a lesson to be learned that you gotta go through hard times first 🤔 I mean i couldve given an actual example of what i mean relationship/friendship wise but i rather not do so atm #FeelFreeToList #iDeserveBetter

58

Most Helpful Girls

• You need to know and see the situation as a whole, understand the diffrent view points around the situation, and know on which end you stand on with your personal values. Sometimes we're dealt with crap cards in life where we have to toss things that make us lose in life, sometimes we're stuck in a rut of the game and it teaches us character and patience, but sometimes we gotta know how to strategize the game so that we can break the mold and push ahead to winning.

For your example, what is the child's living conditions and family income like? Is fastfood something the mom resorts to everyday? Is the mom the one at fault for even giving into buying the child the burger in the first place when there's a meal. she has prepped at home? Or perhaps the mom is compromising by buying the burger without the fries as she wants the child to eat a fuller meal once home?

• I'll tell you about my own skin and experience. You always deserve to treat yourself and others with R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
    We show others the way we deserve to be treated.
    I won't accept under my own consent ways that don't portrait respect towards my own character. I'd say trust always your gut and speak up with kindness and respect and you can put the bar and do a reality check for the person.

Most Helpful Guys

• Good question. I guess I would start off by saying that regarding stuff like this it's important to keep in mind that you have to keep true to yourself. The other thing is that well we all have to swallow some shit to get further in life. I think that it's all about when. If the treatment is situated in a good time then think twice before you accuse the person of treating you improperly. If it's not, and he or she is overreacting or it's misplaced, then definitely complain and stand up for yourself.

• 10 d ago

I don't know when to standup. And what do u mean if the treatment is situated in a good time

• 10 d ago

Like if the treatment is not towards something out of context. But oh :( if you wanna pm about it just hmu

• To me it comes down to:
    Who is paying?
    Is it a gift?
    We're your opinions or feelings intentionally ignored or hurt?
    If someone gives you a gift, even if you HATE it, gracefully accept and put it in the closet.
    If they are paying, as long as it's not a dietary issue let it go. It's rude but...
    If they ignored your request or hurt your feelings it's a deal breaker and move on, (you're not skinny enough for an ice cream, we'll get low fat yogurt instead... as an example)