How true is the statement "just coz I cheated doesn't mean I don't love you"?

Can one really betray someone they love like that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I hold no monopoly on what "love" means. But I can say a guy who cheats on you at least has no capability to think about long-term consequences, or of putting his principles above passions, or properly communicating his thoughts and desires honestly and openly, and is unlikely to be worth your time either way.

1|0
    0|0
  • translation: "Just coz I cheated doesn't mean I don't want to use you"

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Someone who cheats does not now what love means. These are just empty words.

1|0
    0|0
  • 7 d ago
    0|1
    0|0
  • Someone who says that is full of shit. If they truly loved you, they wouldn't cheat or even be capable of sleeping with someone else. Maybe they once loved you, but they seriously don't anymore. I'll NEVER believe that crap. You would NEVER do something that you know will hurt your significant other if you truly loved and cared about them.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes yes and more yes

if they cheated once they will cheat again

you can't cheat on someone you love its just not possible you love them or you dont.

0|0
    0|0
  • To know the answer to this question, you have to know what love really is.
    But anyways, this is when you punch that person in the face.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love is a complex thing, as is attraction and sexuality in general.

It depends on the person, but I don't think it's necessarily a lie. People can do all sorts of selfish and hurtful things to their partner, and still be in love with them.

Love is kind of irrelevant in my opinion though. I don't give two shits if someone loves me if they don't treat me well.

If it doesn't seem likely to happen again, and if you think you can get over it and work through it, by all means stay with the dude. If someone cheated on me, I don't think I could, but you've gotta do what's right for you. Just don't let love cloud your judgement, I guarantee you that without him there will be tons of other guys that would also love you.

1|0
    0|0
  • In the parlance of relationship counselors, they would say "That's bullshit."

1|0
    0|0
  • Not only do they not love you but they also have little to no respect for you. Women love the line "I love you but I am not IN love with you" and it is all BS.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not love if they do that, they're lying to their partner and themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • sure. If a guy cheats out of sexual frustration, love has nothing to do wit hit.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

But love means to consider the other person always. It is not selfish, right?

• 7 d ago

Considering someone doesn't mean you feel what they feel. A guy might not think it is selfish so much as a gift to her - if she thinks sex is a chore, then going through the trouble of secretly delegating that duty to someone else might be thought of as a favor. Of course, in most cases that's bullshit, but not always..

• 7 d ago

Makes sense

• LIES
    LIES
    AND MORE LIES

1|0
    0|0
  • Not true at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it happens more often than not

0|0
    0|0
  • It is true. But who wants to accept that?

0|0
    0|0
  • That's completely true.

1|0
    0|1
  • If a person cheated, they don't love you, or they once did and don't anymore, and thought they could get away with cheating

women are better at cheating, so, they're more likely to do it

1|1
    0|0
  • It can be true to a certain level

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes