Does he like me?

So there's this guy who I'm wondering if he's interested or just cares about me as a friend?
He's always offering to do things for me.. and goes out of his way to do them even though he has a busy life. I've never heard of or seen him do this for anyone else. When everyone is trying to get up with him he'll ignore their texts but he'll answer for me. He's always making sexual jokes towards me. He holds the door open for me. He lets me borrow expensive items of his and trusts me with them but won't allow others.

I'm usually able to read people but I can't read him and I can't tell if he's interested in me or not.
I'm not sure if he sees me as a little sister or just a good friend and I'm taking things to seriously. He's five years older than me.

One last complication that I'm putting last to make people read the entire post is we are distantly related but we were not raised together. However there is the knowlege we are distantly related hence why I thought it might be a sisterly thing. I have never seen or heard of him helping anyone else like this family or not.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Is there some other reason why he hasn't made a move? When a guy hasn't done that, I am skeptical that he has feelings unless he is really shy, and this one doesn't seem shy.

• 7 d ago

He's not looking for a romantic relationship right now but neither am I, he might be worried about me falling in love with him would be my guess? I found out he isn't after love because he was talking about how often he'd been cheated on and just felt like he didn't trust people enough. He's also overweight and self-conscious about that?

• 7 d ago

Might be simpler to just stay friends, TBH

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds that way to me.