Why is it hard to let my boyfriend do everything while I’m sick?

I broke my leg and fractured my hand in a car accident... I have my own place but they recommended I get help. My parents offered to come and help obviously but my boyfriend who also has his own place offered to stay with me until I’m better so I said ok. I really hate asking for help and I was attempting to take a shower when he was downstairs. Which resulted in me falling in the shower and him having to help me naked. So I just cried and let him do everything. I mean I know I should be grateful but still I feel like a lost puppy and hate it.

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Admitting your need for others means admitting what many perceive as a weakness: you are not always 100% completely independent. If you were raised to be self-sufficient, it feels like admitting failure. However, think of it as a mature change of attitude, a recognition that you cannot always be independent, and perhaps it will be easier to accept.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

I like to be independent in certain aspects and that’s the way I was raised. And yea I’m trying although I can make my own food and stuff with one arm my boyfriend insist on doing it which silently kills me. But I’m trying to have a more mature outlook

• 3 d ago

Relationships are work! Relationships fail or survive because of the partners' refusal or willingness to do the work necessary to keep it going. Good luck!

• Think of it this way, he must love you if he offered to take care of you. I understand giving up control and feeling helpless, letting him do everything. But it’s actual proof of his love and with roles reversed wouldn’t you take care of him? When he is helping you, feel a sense of gratitude and be proud he is stepping up and being selfless.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

Yea I know he loves me I love him too. Although the feeling of not having control doesn’t feel good especially since I’m pretty self sufficient! But yea of course I’d take care him but I like doing that I feel like a burden to him right now.

• 3 d ago

It’s just going to strengthen your long term relationship. Let me tell you about my brother and his wife. About 2 months after they got married she was hit in a head on car accident and broke several bones. She was pregnant at the time and as a result spent months in recovery having to be in bed all day at home. My brother had to do it all, literally carrying her to the bathroom to bathe her and help her use the toilet. She also hates feeling like a burden and prefers helping others. But that 3 months just solidified their marriage. Anytime she doubts if she married the right guy or if he actually loves her she has 3 months of his daily devotion to fall back on.

That’s why I said you can see this as an opportunity to deepen your relationship and fall in love with him even more. He wants to care for you so quiet any insecurities and worries about not being in control. By letting go you show your total faith and belief he can handle 100% of everything and he will enjoy the feelings of providing for all your needs.

• Its because you are a super independent person. I am like that too. However, its wise to know when to ask for help. You dont always have to go it alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry I hope u feel better I know how u feel I hate asking for help as well I'm here for u if u wanna talk

0|0
    0|0
  • Its because you're sometimes pain in the ass type of person..

0|0
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

I am totally not a pain in the ass most times.

Recommended myTakes