Can exes re-kindle 10 years after the breakup?

My ex and I ended 10 years or so ago, we were both young, he wanted different things and to this day he’s always been the one who “got away” because the relationship was fault-less (until the end).
We’ve both had multiple relationships since, he’s now got a child and recently we’ve started chatting again everyday.
We met up and have discussed all events between them and now and even spoke about us and our breakup. He’s apologised for what he did and doesn’t fully know why he did it.
We’ve carried on chatting and even said we’d meet up again.
But here lies the problem, to me he’s the one who got away, but to him I don’t know who I am and I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Has anyone rekindled with an ex after quite some time and if so, how obvious was it that you both wanted it again?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Go for it! You have nothing to lose...
    imagine living your life forever wondering what would happen! It may work, it may not! But if we all only do things we know will work we will never grow as a person! I think you need closure and the only way to get it is to go for it. What will be will be! Enjoy finding out what happens! Maybe he’ll be the ‘ one that got away... and then came back and he’s the love of my life’ OR ‘ the one that got away and came back to make me realise that I should have let him stay away?’ Either way you win! Freedom of ‘what if’

0|0
    0|0
  • I am giving my friend away next weekend in her wedding. She is marrying a fellow she rekindled with after nearly 30 years. So it can happen.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes