Would you stay with an overly emotional partner?

For example , a person who cries over little things that stresses them out.

2|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Eww, no. Call me callous and uncaring, but I cannot stand people like that.

I prefer my partner be like myself: have their emotions in check- barring situations that are out of their control, such as death in the family or a traumatic experience. That and I am terrible at comforting people so I would not be able to cope or handle dealing with someone that was constantly needy or emotional like that.

0|1
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

and i believe i just found a new... Diesel. im especially liking "... out of their control," i never got that... why cry over spilled milk? if there's nothing you can do... move on to what you CAN do...

• Yes, I would try my best to understand his feelings and see why he acts and reacts the way he does in case there is a more serious wound that has to be taken care of.

2|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It might start to upset and stress me out too much if it persists frequently with no signs of improvement in spite of my best attempts to comfort, or challenge their negative thinking, or suggest professional help. It'd be much easier if I see some signs of improvement from my efforts. If not, I don't think I can tolerate it indefinitely.

0|0
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

I'm also assuming I didn't fall in love with this person yet (otherwise I would be a lot more patient and double my efforts to fix the problem). I'm assuming they weren't normal for a few years and then just suddenly started crying over little things out of the blue. It's more of an issue with falling in love with such a person in the first place if none of my efforts to help them out are successful in the long run.

• It depends on the context. If she cried everytime we disagreed on the smallest things, then there would be no hope. Now if it is a matter of crying on a movie, I can't judge. I get the feels pretty bad myself.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes I would far better than a callous cool detached style of relationship. Maybe not better but there is a depth and reality to that connection which is my style of communication.

That is if my partner was emotional but maybe one may say it’s a co dependent situation and etc it’s unhealthy.
    I have always had sentimental guys and I love them and respect them still.
    they are genuine and loving, patient and caring.

Similarly as With girls, bad boys are great in bed for one night experimenting and sex the wild way. They are also risks because they blackmail for money or just for entertainment.

It’s all about how you perceive it and what vibes or the way one composes themselves to give you cues, about their genuineity.

That is my way of assessment and so far overly emotional individuals, friends or dating prospects have never let me down.

Sure you may say it will get exhausting or why did such relationship fail?
    That is with stagnation to change. It need not be a great change or a radical one, even baby steps can yield results.

If dating them may drain you, just be a great listener and then when there isn’t much left to say, that’s where change happens.

Although I’m rational, over thinking over analytical, scientific and philosophical I can and do have overly emotional tendencies.
    That’s what makes us human and life worth living.

The negative extreme is maladaptive personality disorders, a very fine tight rope where overly emotional individuals are vulnerable to fall into.
    So maybe it’s not for everyone to tolerate but I try my best to see change positively in overly emotional friendships/ relationships than let them self sabotage.

0|0
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

Here is someone who has been through some shit... adaptive too. if you are in a relationship, he (or she) is very lucky.

• 8 d ago

Thankyou and yes you are right I’ve had my tribulations to account for a rich understanding of emotions. I’m definitely adaptive.

• Lmao well my ex left me so for him it was def a no 😂 but i was never a crier til 2017 when i met his stupidass anyway 🤷‍♀️ I've cried much less without him but im still stressed and instead just shake now instead of cry. Kinda sucks

0|1
    0|0
  • I would, but I would probably suggest getting extra help since I feel his or her overly emotional behaviour might be caused by an actual issue, rather than it being their personality. In my personal experience people who are overly emotional might be suffering from depression or something else, so I’d be worried about his or her mental health.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I love them for really I would maybe this make my emotions come out because I sometimes acts I don't feel anything because I'm scared of emotions, feelings youknow if have partner that is emotional maybe it will help start not deny my emotions, feelings

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe I would maybe I wouldn’t it depends on how hopeless they act like the last girl. It she asked why am I still wasting my time on her then last we spoke she asked for me to stop talking to her forever than I was like ok then farewell then she was like I mean it. I didn’t say anything after that

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, I love emotional girls with no doubt. Being emotional means being a human. Each person has different emotions but people should feel free to express their emotions such as crying, sensitivity, emotional confusion etc.. I would respect her all emotions and support her specifically whilst she's on her period when she's the most sensitive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Would you stay with an overly emotional partner?

Women: No it's a turn off/Yes I'd like to help

Men: What choice do we have?

0|1
    0|0
  • I would not date someone like that as I don't like sensitive people as I might have no breaks with things I say sometimes and people could get offended often but it is hypocritical of me as I cry pretty often about small arguments.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind if guy is emotional or cries in front of me but if that's to often than I'd assume the person is emotionaly unstable or emotionaly immature and that would be to much for me to handle

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that sounds annoying. I don't even do that and I'm a chick who's encouraged to cry.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, i wouldn't. I would find that a turn off tbh. I prefer manly men that keep a rationale clear mind and are calm and poised.

1|1
    1|0
  • No. Some people have negative energy and are not healthy to be around. I try and avoid them where possible

0|2
    0|0
  • Well for me, I would stay. Because It's a part of my role to be an understanding partner that cares and try to help my other half, notgive up and leave him when he needs me the most.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm that person😂 Even though I keep it to myself most of the times

0|2
    0|0
  • No. If you have some people always talk about some annoying stuffs or behave emotional , you may feel annoyed and wanna start complaining too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not... emotional over a certain extent is fine... too much is definitely annoying

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes but she would have to compensate with some amazing other qualities

0|1
    0|0
  • If it’s “overly” I would recommend some therapy I won’t be emotionally drained 24/7

0|1
    0|0
  • Just depends on what she cries on. What is "little" is different to anyone so sometime it can be reasonable. I love comforting girls like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • After having a very disinterested girlfriend.
    I will take the overly emotional woman lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I dont want someone who is always crying or upset to ruin my day with their problems.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably not. But a little emotional is okay. Everyone has feelings. We're human beings. As long as she doesn't take it out on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would stay with her. It doesn't matter if she is loyal with me and also repect my feeling as well

0|0
    0|0
  • If she always loved me regardless and was willing to seek help.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have the patience to soothe routine sob sessions

0|0
    0|0
  • No way! I really don't enjoy weak people who can't even master their own emotions.

0|0
    0|0
  • That just wouldn’t work for me nope

1|1
    0|0
  • No, that would annoy me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Fuckk no

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I will

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. 🖤

0|0
    0|0
  • Basically that's all females

0|2
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

I was waiting for someone to make that comment. LOL

• 8 d ago

Exactly what I was thinking.
      Isn't that how all of us women are..
      We also know men hate to see women cry lol.
      It helps to get your way😂😂 ... lol jk

• I will, if they loved me and I loved them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how often it is

1|0
    0|0
  • no way drama is depressing

1|0
    0|0
  • No..

1|0
    0|0
  • this is me😭

0|0
    0|1
  • No. I can't handle seeing anybody upset.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well that's hard to deal with, but maybe I will

0|0
    0|0
  • Hab ich mir so ausgesucht.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never again.

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you class as "little things"?

0|0
    0|0
  • I did it, but I would never do it again. Too much drama!

0|2
    0|0
  • Nah I would never do that. Man I'am looking for a girl as emotionless as possible and you tell me overly dramatic girl man get the hell outte here.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I can't stand someone that fragile

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend can be like this. It’s irritating at times and even scary (she started yelling when we were in a hotel room). But most of the time she has it under control.

But I can tell you if it was vice versa my ass would be rejected/friendzoned in a heartbeat. Women have much less tolerance for sensitive guys than vice versa.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not a chance. Life is too short.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can not. If he can't control his emotions how can he run the house, share responsabilites and manage the stress that we face everyday in life?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes