Would you stay with an overly emotional partner?

For example , a person who cries over little things that stresses them out.

2626

Most Helpful Girls

• Eww, no. Call me callous and uncaring, but I cannot stand people like that.

I prefer my partner be like myself: have their emotions in check- barring situations that are out of their control, such as death in the family or a traumatic experience. That and I am terrible at comforting people so I would not be able to cope or handle dealing with someone that was constantly needy or emotional like that.

• 8 d ago

and i believe i just found a new... Diesel. im especially liking "... out of their control," i never got that... why cry over spilled milk? if there's nothing you can do... move on to what you CAN do...

• Yes, I would try my best to understand his feelings and see why he acts and reacts the way he does in case there is a more serious wound that has to be taken care of.

Most Helpful Guys

• It might start to upset and stress me out too much if it persists frequently with no signs of improvement in spite of my best attempts to comfort, or challenge their negative thinking, or suggest professional help. It'd be much easier if I see some signs of improvement from my efforts. If not, I don't think I can tolerate it indefinitely.

• 9 d ago

I'm also assuming I didn't fall in love with this person yet (otherwise I would be a lot more patient and double my efforts to fix the problem). I'm assuming they weren't normal for a few years and then just suddenly started crying over little things out of the blue. It's more of an issue with falling in love with such a person in the first place if none of my efforts to help them out are successful in the long run.

• It depends on the context. If she cried everytime we disagreed on the smallest things, then there would be no hope. Now if it is a matter of crying on a movie, I can't judge. I get the feels pretty bad myself.