Is this red flag that means my boyfriend is cheating on me?

I went to a formal party with my boyfriend and when he was introducing me to his friends he said another girl’s name instead of mine. I gave him a mad look but he didn’t seem to be bothered at all. After we got home I tried to talk with him, but he went to sleep he apologized and he told me to not overthink it.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you guys have been together for more than a few weeks, and he said another's girls name that is not even close to yours, and then didn't want to talk about it, he's probably cheating. Find someone worth your time and who's going to appreciate and love you. Because clearly he isn't.

0|1
    0|1
  • Could be, its a bit of a strange one that he's introduced you to his friends with the wrong name, depending on how long you have been together I think he is cheating on you

1|0
    0|0
    • 5 d ago

How do I know for sure?

• Show All
    • 5 d ago

We are together for 8 months and he said Emma and my name’s Laura which is weird

• 5 d ago

8 months? Its not weird he's cheating on you definitely if it was only a week or so then that would be different but not 8 months in a relationship you wouldn't forget your GFS name and call her something totally different if you are not involved with the other girls name

• Uh yeah..
    But maybe it might be someone from his family or something

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't make a big deal from small things, and if he's cheating, your going to know about it sooner or later...

Maybe he just made a mistake, it happens... and maybe he's cheating, time will reveal everything...

I hope that he isen't cheating, because i don't like to see heartbroken people.

0|1
    0|0
  • How long are you with him?

Does he call you every day?

Does he give you a lot of attention?

There are so many scenarios.

Either he was drunk or took some drug.

He was tired and made a mistake.

Do you trust him?

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, it's not a normal thing, but I'd be hesitant to say anything drastic over that mistake alone. It could easily have just been a mistake by having an airhead moment. Usually mistakes like that happen when thinking of someone else and saying whatever what was on your mind, but that thought that propagated the distraction could have been harmless/without meaning. Typically, I think of the whole "he said another name, he is cheating" applying more so to moments during intercourse. Now, if there were other things that have been sketching you out lately in addition to this, I'd be more worried. Otherwise, I'd try not to worry too much about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah not a normal thing. Even if he was joking by saying the other name its not right.
    If he gets defensive when you ask about the name then he is hiding something.
    Red flag for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well he sure had someone else on his mind so it does make you wonder.

0|0
    0|0
  • could be a friend or something but you have the rights to be triggered by it, it can mean many things tho

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably you should leave him if he says a other girls name

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • You're gorgeous, he is not cheating on you.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5 d ago

How do you know that?

• Show All
    • 5 d ago

I’m talking about my boyfriend

• 5 d ago

oh lol, he just said the wrong name, if he accidentally said your name was john would you be thinking about this?

Recommended myTakes